Fuel System Monitor won't set

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

TROSATELLI

Fuel System Monitor won't set

Post by TROSATELLI »

I run the service department for a CDJR dealership. We have a customer who wanted the Sprintex supercharger on 2012 Jeep removed, and then she changed her mind and wanted reinstalled. I finally got the I1000 tuner from her and after calling in and reset registry and an update, it programmed and runs great. Problem now is I cannot smog it because the Fuel System monitor will
not set. It is a comprehensive and should have set first. EVAP is normally the tough one and is not required to set at time of smog in California. However fuel system is and it has not set in over 200 miles of drive cycles. Any ideas?
mikel

Re: Fuel System Monitor won't set

Post by mikel »

Im really not sure here.
You may need to contact Sprintex and work with them as they create these specific tunes for their kits.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Jamestorug

Fuel System Monitor wont set

Post by Jamestorug »

Update: fuel pump primes, still no start.

Thanks for the help Grom_e30
j0n

Post by j0n »

This is a known issue with Sprintex. According to Sprintex, the fault lies with the Diablo sport tuner. Chrysler updated their base tune to fix this issue. Diablosport must update their base tune with the latest update. From there, sprintex will update their tune. If you have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler, you will not pass smog with the sprintex tune.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Well, thats not entirely the case, but yes, we have an update in the works to allow them to update the base cal for this family to hopefully address this issue.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
j0n

Post by j0n »

Any update on the tune revision? I'm out of compliance and breaking the law in California waiting for the diablosport tune to be updated. I'm really disappointed that Diablosport has been sitting on this for so long. This was brought to Diablosport's attention in 2017 and yet there is no fix.
mikel

Post by mikel »

j0n wrote:Any update on the tune revision? I'm out of compliance and breaking the law in California waiting for the diablosport tune to be updated. I'm really disappointed that Diablosport has been sitting on this for so long. This was brought to Diablosport's attention in 2017 and yet there is no fix.
Maybe someone is providing you with some info, but thats not correct. We haven't sat on anything.
To be honest, we've seen other supercharger companies fight this and have helped them to resolve it through tuning. We advised Sprintex of the same thing when they recently brought this to our attention, and they would rather just update the cal it seems. Unfortunately thats not nearly as simple as it may sound, but the new database is built.

Keep in mind that every JK with this cal family that uses one of our devices runs this same cal. Procharger, RIPP, Magnusson, Prodigy, you name it, they all tune this same cal and always seem to be able to dial in the tune to avoid these codes.

The new db is attached. We dont have an updated Sprintex tune for the new cal, so you're only option will be to select modify stock.
Once it reads the backup you can send that to sprintex to have a new tune made for the updated cal.
Please be sure to return to stock prior to loading this update to the device.

EDIT, file is too large to attach, please download it from this link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hrZyd ... L4pAnLCMmH

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
j0n

Post by j0n »