What if the truck i just bought has a previous tune??

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

ModernBoxChevy

What if the truck i just bought has a previous tune??

Post by ModernBoxChevy »

I just bought the predator 2 for my truck like 5 minutes ago off the website. My only concern is, I recently bought a 2016 silverado 1500 z71 4x4 with a lift and 35" tires a couple weeks ago. The dealership said they dont know much of the vehicles history because it was an auction purchase. (i think they bought it stock from the auction and had a lift and wheels installed to upsell the vehicle) the carfax also says the vehicle was a one owner leased vehicle.. so i cant imagine someone doing extensive work on a leased vehicle. So my question is... What if i plug the tuner in from you guys and it comes up saying something like "there is a different tune currently installed on the vehicle" or something of that nature? do i return the predator 2? or what happens? just really hoping the truck is bone stock... Thanks for any feedback. Happy new year!

-Geoff
mikel

Re: What if the truck i just bought has a previous tune??

Post by mikel »

the P2 will tell you its a non stock file and ask you to contact us, and we can generally get them back to stock.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
ModernBoxChevy

Post by ModernBoxChevy »

mikel wrote:the P2 will tell you its a non stock file and ask you to contact us, and we can generally get them back to stock.
UPDATE: I first updated the unit on my pc. plugged it in, and it read my engine and transmission. Then it said "Calibration Files Not Stock"

then i looked at the info and it says "Tuning level- Stock"

the only thing that lead me to believe it was tuned was the fact that the AFM has never come on. I asked the dealership if they know. but they said they bought it from auction and dont know anything about it or the previous owner.

Hopefully you can help. I dont want to have to return the tool. I called your 800 number but you are closed on sat and sundays : (

Thanks. Hope to hear back soon.
mikel

Post by mikel »

have you been able to reach our team so they can get this handled for you?

561-908-0040 x4

Thans
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
ModernBoxChevy

Post by ModernBoxChevy »

mikel wrote:have you been able to reach our team so they can get this handled for you?

561-908-0040 x4

Thans
yes. just got off the phone with maybe you? I used the number and what im guessing is your extension(4). hopefully the problem can be resolved and in a timely manner. Thanks mike. appreciate the help.
ModernBoxChevy

Post by ModernBoxChevy »

mikel wrote:have you been able to reach our team so they can get this handled for you?

561-908-0040 x4

Thans
Hey Mike. Is there any chance you could give me an idea of turn around time on this fix? It's been a few days now and wasn't sure how long it takes for your engineering team to update the tool to allow me to use it. Thanks
mikel

Post by mikel »

Geoff, sorry for the delay, this was done on 1/9. You should be good to update and tune.
Did you not receive an email from the ignition software letting you know the update was ready?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
ModernBoxChevy

Post by ModernBoxChevy »

mikel wrote:Geoff, sorry for the delay, this was done on 1/9. You should be good to update and tune.
Did you not receive an email from the ignition software letting you know the update was ready?

Thanks
Thank you Mike for the quick reply on here. I did not receive an email. I checked all inbox. No worries though. I did the update and everything worked perfectly! Thank you again and I will be leaving a positive review on the product and the customer service. Thanks again for helping resolve the issue. Have a great day.

-Geoff
arushing32

Post by arushing32 »

Hello, I’m currently have the same issue. I bought a 2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L Z71. To my diagnostics of the truck, the only mod it has is a flowmaster but still uses stock exhaust pipes. After reading my engine and trans, I get the message “Calibration files not stock”. I sure hope I can get this fixed cause I’m looking forward to the change. I would assume maybe it already has been programmed by some cheap one cause it shifts alittle rough. But it’s very sluggish. Truck just hit 100k and it has no codes on or anything.
MagsTuning

Post by MagsTuning »

arushing32 wrote:Hello, I’m currently have the same issue. I bought a 2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L Z71. To my diagnostics of the truck, the only mod it has is a flowmaster but still uses stock exhaust pipes. After reading my engine and trans, I get the message “Calibration files not stock”. I sure hope I can get this fixed cause I’m looking forward to the change. I would assume maybe it already has been programmed by some cheap one cause it shifts alittle rough. But it’s very sluggish. Truck just hit 100k and it has no codes on or anything.
Contact customer service tomorrow. They should be able to get you squared away if not a visit to the dealership for a cal update/factory flash will get the vehicle back to a stock calibration.
arushing32

Post by arushing32 »

All I can say is customer support was able to hook me up with an update to remove the current tune on my truck so I can program it with the predator 2 and I’m beyond satisfied with the overall outcome of the tune. 87 Performance tune is what this truck needed. The shifting is so smooth now and it runs like a scalded dog. Simply amazing. Thanks guys.
Kyle Wilken

Post by Kyle Wilken »

Having the same problem currently on a 2004 Tahoe 5.3L, been on hold for 01:56:42 is there another support line besides submitting a request on the website or calling "(866) 404 - 6141" or " (866) 464 - 6553 "
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Kyle Wilken

Post by Kyle Wilken »

emailing now, thank you