i2 Updater problem

General Tech Support Questions

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Rconnell

i2 Updater problem

Post by Rconnell »

Haven’t updated in a while. My old ignition app wouldn’t work and I found it was replaced with update agent 1.0 but I went too far in attempting to delete the old app and files so my pc wouldn’t be cluttered and now I’m missing the files in the i2 after clicking windows. From the i2 file with the device connected to my lap top, I go updater>windows>then don’t see “inTuneUpdater2.exe”. How do I get this restored in the device so that I can update?

In addition, what’s the difference between doing the above method vs connecting the i2 with WiFi and clicking “check for updates”? Are these two different functions? Any direction is much appreciated.
06MonteSS

Re: i2 Updater problem

Post by 06MonteSS »

no man.. you won't have the updater on the intune anymore.. you just download and install the new Update Agent program on your PC... then you connect your intune to your PC.. let it boot up to the main menu/screen... then you launch the Ignition Updater (Update Agent) program on your PC... it's in the Powerteq menu on your computer.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Rconnell

Post by Rconnell »

Ok, that clears that up. Thank you. I successfully completed the installation and the device appears to have updated.

So what exactly is happening when I connect the i2 to WiFi and select WiFi config>WiFi setup>enter WiFi password>click yes to check for updates? Is this only informing me that updates are available but still must use the update agent to actually install updates? Was thinking I did this before without running the updater on my pc and it looked like it downloaded updates just through the i2 connected to WiFi? Are these two different operations?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

it would install updates via wifi.. but in my experience, it does not always get all available updates that way... you're better off using the updater program on your pc to do updates.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Rconnell

Post by Rconnell »

Ok, thanks. You’re customer service is excellent.