Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo Tuner

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

banzaitoyota

Re: Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo Tuner

Post by banzaitoyota »

I don't want a piggyback,i experienced those hemoroids with rx7's. If someone doesn't come up with a good reflash I will explore a standalone solution like syvecs
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

Yup, apparently I only need to sell 977 more units for you guys to think about taking the time :wink:
If time is money, then I've paid for a $700 piggyback already in the time I've taken to research this topic and try to get you guys units sold before the R&D has even begun......and I still don't have said piggyback or DiabloSport Trinity........

garrett wrote:
shadowshaggy wrote:
:shock: we're in the 20's on support. Working towards that 1/2 million in sales slowly............

Great, you've done your part. Now if the need is really there the posts will show it.
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

Here's the current list of offerings from just 2 vendors:

http://shop.500madness.com/index.php?ro ... ct_id=1623
http://shop.500madness.com/index.php?ro ... ct_id=1429
http://shop.500madness.com/index.php?ro ... ct_id=1427
http://shop.500madness.com/index.php?ro ... ct_id=1110
http://shop.500madness.com/index.php?ro ... ct_id=1055
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... ts_id=1957
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... ts_id=1728

Not to take away from what these guys have, but I would way prefer a flash tuner or something like the Trinity. Someone please tell me definitively, that with those options and as many as they have sold of each, that there's not enough interest in a tuner for these cars.....The list gets way longer for piggyback "solutions"
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

See DiabloSport, piggybacks are like hemorrhoids.......we don't want hemorrhoids :lamer:
We want a real tuner, i.e. the hot chick in a red dress; the one with an std :twisted:
banzaitoyota wrote:I don't want a piggyback,i experienced those hemoroids with rx7's. If someone doesn't come up with a good reflash I will explore a standalone solution like syvecs
shagghie

Post by shagghie »

A few things to take into *serious* consideration:

The 1.4L MultiAir is the single most technologically advanced petrol engine in the industry at this point...pure genius, designed by Chrysler, and with a massive and far-reaching future. By the end of next year it will replace the european 'T-Jet' engine as the base-model engine in a large number of Fiat and Chrysler's platforms. It is the same engine that is in the 500L as well as the 500T already. As well as the Fiat Punto Evo, and even the Alfa Romeo MITO already. Whomever is first to market will make a killing for a tune. The engine is one of the most tunable there is, adapting amazingly well to both hardware and in-line software modifications. More than any other engine/platform I've ever experienced in 20+ years of tuning.
The other thing to consider is unlike a PT Cruiser and many other platforms, the Abarth is already set up from the factory for road racing. It comes with a straight exhaust and no muffler from the factory. The brakes stop like no one's business. It's got -1.5 deg camber in the front off the assembly line. Meaning: software is a 'no brainer' for this car, effectively lowering the barriers for an owner to go fast safely, and/or still actually be quick around the cones or the big track.

For those reasons, the piggyback market has already sold 1000's upon 1000's in just 2 short years. There's hardly an Abarth owner running around without one. And the best of them that are currently producing upwards of 220hp with a few hardware mods, sell for $700. That's with ZERO launch control, EVIC control, WOT shifting, etc. If EVER there was a platform that was RIPE for a real tune, this one is it for the foreseeable future, both in terms of raw numbers, an expanding platform, as well as raw tune-ability of the platform.

I sincerely hope this information is considered carefully.... and I really do mean it: the first to market for this platform, both Fiat and Chrysler's next GLOBAL platform (1.4L MultiAir), will be filling orders left and right from around the globe.

Keep up the great work gents... there is a reason why our community has 'chosen' your product and application first in generating interest. We are not here because we have free time...we are here to 'Go Faster Every Day'.... the Abarth motto.
shagghie

Post by shagghie »

And don't even bring up the Hyundai.... lol. Sure from a numbers stand point (For now, but again, see post above)...but around the cones the Abarth is cleaning up against the Hyundai's, the BRZ/FRS, and STI crowd already...

shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

mmmmmmmm.....sexiness above :evil_angel: is that another Abarth to the right of your's shaggie... :shock: Oh my damn, two Abarth's on a racetrack....

:cry: There's no way to thank people on this forum, but thank you sir for your intelligent response. Thankfully, I'm not the only one around who can foresee what is going to happen with these cars/powertrain. I'm ready as well for a proper intelligent solution, I don't want to waste money on a piggyback. I'll try different flash tuners, but I can buy 3 of those before I can buy 2 piggyback's; and have no interest in spending $800 at a wack to see if it works like I hope it does. Real tuners = real results.
ivmill

Post by ivmill »

I've already purchased an $1,100 piggy back and pedal booster in search of more performance and would happily dump them for a proper tune. Piggy backs are a nuisance to install and have to be removed before visiting most dealerships or risk voiding the warranty. A plug and play system would be a dream come true! Count me in.
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

This is the entire point behind what we're trying to accomplish. We need more people with stories similar to this, because this really drives the point home on how much better it'll be with a flash tuner, and how many people are willing to go ahead and take the loss of the piggyback $ just to get a proper result.
ivmill wrote:I've already purchased an $1,100 piggy back and pedal booster in search of more performance and would happily dump them for a proper tune. Piggy backs are a nuisance to install and have to be removed before visiting most dealerships or risk voiding the warranty. A plug and play system would be a dream come true! Count me in.
musicsurf

Post by musicsurf »

I want to chime in that in the less than six months of owning this car, I have bought 2 piggybacks at full price for a total of like $1300. I would also gladly ditch them for something like a Trinity.
charger66

Post by charger66 »

Have inTune for my Charger. Sure would like one for my Abarth.
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

1. shadowshaggy
2. slickhead
3. musicsurf
4. mudking
5. shaggie
6. modular
7. crossfirecat
8. trevc
9. zyxelenator
10. ScorpionSkins
11. sk8ace
12. nevadaabarth
13. 1.4ldartowner
14. steven4264
15. racer
16. luka
17. sporadicMotion
18. redred
19. stubtail
20. d-abarth
21. tjgluth
22. dsmithpdx
23. Banzaitoyota
24. ivmil
25. charger66

If I missed someone, repost this list with your name at the bottom.
shagghie

Post by shagghie »

I've gone through THREE piggybacks already in less than a year trying to find every last bit of HP potential. A MM, then a TMC, then back to an MM! That was an expensive journey. I've also dropped money on a world-class FMIC, ported throttle body, light weight wheels, expensive rubber, CAI, blow off valve, waste gate actuator, and carbon fiber body trim, as well as a rear seat delete, rear torsion bar, crap I could go on an on... the demographic for this car is the kind you want: disposable income, natural-born tuners, track and show car enthusiasts, and we even have stance and SEMA focused folks as well. Hell one of the abarths at SEMA was chosen for the Optima Challenge competing with cars that have 4 x's as many horsepower, and it still spanked a few on the auto-x... and that was with street rubber, and a full ICE system in the trunk, a borrowed helmet and average driver...and it DROVE to the event and drove home instead of being hauled on a trailer. Talk about the right demographic of owner....it's why we're blowing 1000's on carbon fiber and piggybacks.... you're not going to find that demographic in the Hyundai crowd easily.

And in that picture there are actually three Abarth's at the track... more than the two FRS's that were there on the same day, another platform that is similar in capability but not nearly as tune-able.

Lastly...i'm sure it's been mentioned, but the Dart 1.4L engine/platform is the same as in the Abarth... so the tunes will cross over one for one between both cars... same analogy as the DS mod mentioned with regards to the PT Cruiser platform....
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

^See, I'm not making things up DiabloSport; people really tired of throwing away money at "solutions" and want a real answer. Keep up the posting you want it, and if you have something like shaggie said; your story.
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

1. shadowshaggy
2. slickhead
3. musicsurf
4. mudking
5. shaggie
6. modular
7. crossfirecat
8. trevc
9. zyxelenator
10. ScorpionSkins
11. sk8ace
12. nevadaabarth
13. 1.4ldartowner
14. steven4264
15. racer
16. luka
17. sporadicMotion
18. redred
19. stubtail
20. d-abarth
21. tjgluth
22. dsmithpdx
23. Banzaitoyota
24. ivmil
25. charger66
26. AnthonyV - still waiting on your post on this forum, but added you to the list already.
27. jakehodge, he started a thread for the Dart 1.4L; so I'm hijacking his name and adding to our list :lol:

After all, mikel told him to post his ideas on here since I've already started this thread. So I've got your name added to the list already.