Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo Tuner

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

shadowshaggy

Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo Tuner

Post by shadowshaggy »

So Vas V. from DiabloSport told me to make a post in the forum about requesting to do a tuner for my Abarth. I find that a bit of an odd request personally, but I'm posting here at any rate and linking out to my other forum members.

I want to do Beta Testing when available, I've got a stock Abarth for the time being; but have access to other Abarth's that have incremental mods to be tested on. So whats the word with getting a beta test setup?
slickhead

Re: Fiat 500 Abarth 1.4L Turbo Tuner

Post by slickhead »

I would purchase such a tuner as soon as it was available. I'm certain there would be a demand for these as there are currently 5 "piggyback" offerings for the ABARTH and retailers claim to be selling them by the hundreds at a price point higher than current offerings from DiabloSport. I'd imagine most of these buyers would be chomping at the bit for a real solution and that many more owners are waiting for a real solution.

The only real issue I can see would be the flood of piggybacks on Ebay.

Materialize it... I will advertise it.
Last edited by slickhead on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

I concur slickhead, I would glady pay $400-500 for a proper tuner as to $500-1000 for a piggyback setup. I don't like the concept of piggyback ecu's, then don't properly tune. There's a few German companies that have tuned in upwards of 240whp out of the Abarth. I just want 200whp on pump gas, stock parts, other than the tune. I'll purchase an intake and such afterwards, but I want a 200whp tune first. I'll even pay for the dyno runs :D

Besides, who doesn't need a 240whp - 2400lb FWD car........ :drivingbad:
musicsurf

Post by musicsurf »

I would also purchase a tuner as soon as it is made available.
Mudking

Post by Mudking »

I would love to be able to purchase! Please make this a Reality!!!
shagghie

Post by shagghie »

Count me in the MOMENT this tune comes out! Base is 160hp. After a piggyback and bolt-ons you'll get just over 200hp, about 220hp max. But a proper tune with bolt-ons will get us to 250hp with the stock turbo and would bring my car, for example to a 10:1 weight/power ratio.

The piggybacks for our cars have been immensely popular, as the stock exhaust is already straight-through with no muffler and sounds like a mini 458 Italia with a box of nails rattling around inside (this, in a good way). The car also responds better to bolts ons than any car I've ever tuned, or even heard of for that matter. One of the CAI's making over 15 hp / 15 tq gains on back to back dyno runs, for example. 6whp from just a ported throttle body. 8-10hp for just opening up the downpipe and mandrel bend mid pipe. I could go on and on, but the car is so light and the brakes and suspension so capable out of the box....it's DYING for tunes! I'm in the top runners in SCCA SOLO2 auto-X in the SM/ SMF class already, for example.. beating out the FRS/BRZ/STI crowd with only a few exceptions. And this little car spanks my GTi's in the past I've tuned, and even the 290hp full-house Corrado with $15k under the hood.

What I'm trying to say is once a tuner comes up with an OBD tune and gives us some launch control, WOT shifts, and tunes in a little dump between shifts (These cars are already tuned to backfire between every shift anyway, and on decel engine braking from the factory...we just want more). We even have some fireballs from just the piggybacks and a downpipe on the stock exhaust lol..

Target HP should be 250, and target torque should be IDGAF, just make that curve start early and keep it up. The factory turbos seem to be making hte most power around 25lbs of boost currently, but that is ONLY b/c we don't have direct ECU access yet and have to hope the torque limiters, etc. don't put the car in limp mode beyond that. A few shops have found a way to push 32psi on some one-off runs for testing... just to give you an idea of what the little engine will handle.

With just FMIC, CAI, ported Throttlebody and wastegate actuator (really unnecessary b/c stock WGA holds 30psi anyways), and a piggyback... these cars can scoot. What we need now is the ability to go from quick to fast....and that's where Diablosport comes in. If we can see 225whp, we will be happy campers. And if we have a tuning partner that can work with a dozen or so of us already working on big turbo or twin-charged setups, we are going to target well north of 300hp. The Gumball 500 came in 300hp and was wicked fast. We have a way to hit 350+ because we have the multiair engine vs. the t-jet engines their cars run on in Europe.

Put another way, we are in an awesome window of time where Diablosport could help us put together the fastest 500 Abarth in the world, period, and have about a 6.5:1 weight/power ratio in the process
modular

Post by modular »

Yup, I'd like to see this as well!!!!
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

In accordance with other posts, here's the list of buyers in the 30 minutes this has been active:

shadowshaggy
slickhead
musicsurf
mudking
shaggie

To DiabloSport: Thats requests in the last 30 minutes guys, and shaggie has a very valid point; there's companies making 250whp with 2-3 bolt-on's and a piggyback. So what about a real tune and the same 2-3 bolt-on's???? Could get really interesting really fast guys.

Please make sure the list is updated at least daily afterwards guys, I appreciate the support.
CrossfireCat

Post by CrossfireCat »

Add another to the list!
trevc

Post by trevc »

Count me in! Currently using a piggy-back but would love a real tune via the OBD port!
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

1. shadowshaggy
2. slickhead
3. musicsurf
4. mudking
5. shaggie
6. modular
7. crossfirecat
8. trevc

....and counting, thanks for your support guys!
zyxelenator

Post by zyxelenator »

Count one more. Make sure it works on 500T (it should but there some difference in stock software). I would love to reflash on demand if I add even more mods.
ScorpionSkins

Post by ScorpionSkins »

Checking in to offer my support. :)

Having owned a flash tuner for my previous vehicle (Mini Cooper S) it was an absolutely invaluable tool for vehicle diagnostics and tuning purposes.

I would like to offer my personal enthusiasm and interest in such a product. We have yet to see a flash tune option for our vehicle platform. It is my personal opinion that the first company to invest their time into developing such a product will see a great return on their efforts.

Please consider us!
shadowshaggy

Post by shadowshaggy »

1. shadowshaggy
2. slickhead
3. musicsurf
4. mudking
5. shaggie
6. modular
7. crossfirecat
8. trevc
9. zyxelenator
10. ScorpionSkins

Let's keep it up, not bad for a few hours!
sk8ace

Post by sk8ace »

Count me in! I've spent a lot of time tuning my motorcycle with dataloggers and such.. It would be great to have something quick and reversible for the Abarth. I'd sell my piggyback box in a second for one of these. Thanks!