Audi 3.0T

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

Mike_Levy

Audi 3.0T

Post by Mike_Levy »

Posted on Audi World. Hopefully they won't take it down. http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=24512724

Hopefully we can get some decent interest and get this done. As I've said before, I'll be in Orlando with the A6 Christmas week and can come down if necessary. :mrgreen:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
Mike_Levy

Re: Audi 3.0T

Post by Mike_Levy »

Can't believe not a single person posted. 140 views over there, 40 more over here and nothing! Guess people would rather get taken advantage of by the other companies than have a domestic companies product on their Audi. Same elitist mindset the BMW owners have. :punisher:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

it is kinda weird.

do you find that very few of those guys came from any sort of domestic market where flash tuning is the norm?

example, it seems half the gencoupe guys previously owned SRT4s, Mustangs, Camaros, etc...and all were begging for a handheld solution...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Very, very few of them come from the domestic market. Most are coming from other Audi's, BMW or Japanese.

Come On Guys!!!
You bothered to come here, post and let your voice be heard!! :normal:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

They locked it and deleted the thread. Like I said, elitist bullshit.

You know eventually this is gonna be the subject of a blog post. :twisted:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

...to be supported by Diablosport...
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I tried. They want to be assholes about it, fuck them. I'll piggyback my car before I'll spend twice as much to have some company write a tune to it permanently. I don't keep cars long, so I need something I can pull off.
Last edited by Mike_Levy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I had a whole long thing written up about why the currently available tuning options were no good too, that now they're never gonna read. No sense in it going to waste though, so I'll just put it here;
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
See, to me, GIAC, Stasis, APR, etc, aren't good options.

First and foremost, they're ridiculously overpriced. Why spend $1200 on a tune when you can get the same result for $400?

Second, none of those "solutions" allow any sort of custom tuning. IMO, custom tuning options are absolutely necessary, because each motor is different and we all drive in different climates, so tunes need to be specifically setup to each particular car and where its being driven. Not to even mention being able to adjust the tunes for whatever else you do, without paying again.

Third, AFAIK, none of them allow any sort of logging to see whats happening in the motor. Do you know for sure that your motor isn't pulling timing because it hears knock? With a proper flash tuner, you know, because you have logging and monitoring right in front of you, and if it is pulling timing and costing you power, you always have the option to add fuel to quench the knock.

Fourth, do any of them allow you to go back to stock? Thats something I'd like to be able to do for dealer visits.

Fifth, do any of them have any sort of transmission support? Or are you stuck with the tuning ZF and Audi put on it? Eventually DiabloSport will support the ZF 8 speed. They have to to keep the Chrysler pricks happy.

I'm sorry, but to me, and the entire domestic aftermarket, flash tuning is the only way to go.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:I don't keep cars long.
CTS-V year > Pukon few months> X5M few months> Audi (5000) > ...
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:Do you know for sure that your motor isn't pulling timing because it hears knock?
Hopefully not every engineer is a dumb fuck like the one that tuned the SRT8. ST and LT KNK stock! Even with good gas.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I can't sell the Audi yet. I'm still upside down on it. Not really thrilled with the other options either in the $60k-ish price area.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

smackdownsrt wrote:
Hopefully not every engineer is a dumb fuck like the one that tuned the SRT8. ST and LT KNK stock! Even with good gas.

But how do you know if you can't log or monitor? I don't like working blind like that.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:I can't sell the Audi yet. I'm still upside down on it. Not really thrilled with the other options either in the $60k-ish price area.
Who you kidding? You'll be trading it in the day you have a dollar in equity. So WGAF about tuning the Audi when you'll be Audi 5000 in a few months anyway.
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:
smackdownsrt wrote:

But how do you know if you can't log or monitor? I don't like working blind like that.
TheMoreYouKnow.gif!

Keep the license plate pipes and cheeseburger for the 7 series bimmer your smug, pompous ass will get back into.
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

smackdownsrt wrote: Who you kidding? You'll be trading it in the day you have a dollar in equity. So WGAF about tuning the Audi when you'll be Audi 5000 in a few months anyway.
Maybe not a dollar, but yeah, its not gonna last too long in my collection. I've never been all that comfortable driving it, unlike the BMWs which I could get in and be flinging them around in a matter of minutes. The Audi just feels fragile to me. I feel like if I drive it hard, rev it and beat on it that I'm gonna break something.

I still want more power though for the time I have it.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in