Ford Fusion 2013-2016... no love!?

Do you know of a future Product you would like us to make?

Moderator: mikel

mikel

Re: Ford Fusion 2013-2016... no love!?

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote:
mikel wrote:Starting with the Focus, as thats where the press comes from,
Are you serious? Which press are you targeting, the domestic ricers? Its a damn Focus! You can polish a turd, but in the end, its still just a shiny piece of shit.
lol, yes, in the grand scheme of things, we'll get way more press out of the Focus ecoboost than say Fusion or Explorer :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

mikel wrote:Yeah, Mike, the Coyote and 6 speed auto combo is without a doubt one of the best platforms going right now for big power and awesome performance...
With a few tweaks and proper tuning the new Ford 6 speed autos are pretty amazing.
Heck, Matt has an F1-X Coyote and the plan is to remove the TH400 and put a PCM controlled 6R80 back in the tunnel :)

you speak the truth!!! lol
mrnewt

Post by mrnewt »

mikel wrote:lol, yes, in the grand scheme of things, we'll get way more press out of the Focus ecoboost than say Fusion or Explorer :)
That is quite true. I believe that people that are buying into the Focus (especially ST) are more "spirited drivers" and they will be more likely to mod their cars. I was actually thinking to get the ST, but opted for the Fusion because of the space (my first auto to be honest).

My grand plan is... in 2 years get the RS :D and pass the auto to my wife :P :twisted:
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I don't have any experience with the 6R80. The AODE was a POS though. I went through probably 3 or 4 of them in Econolines with less than 30k miles when I used to do "deliveries", plus blew out the one in my Mustang (which led to the Tremec swap, which was the biggest mistake of my life) and a Crown Vic. And whatever the front drive version was in the Taurus, we've blown a pair of those too in Security cars.

If the 6 speed is so good, then why is Ford neutering them? Crummy rear end gears, no Performance Pack available, not available on the Shelbys. Its like they're trying to force the antiquated manual down our throats. Do they not realize that its the 21st Century? Manuals are the worst transmissions available. Even CVTs have advanced past them, and they can't come close to touching a decent automatic or twin clutch. Yet Ford, and to a lesser extent Dodge and Chevy, just won't let them go to the annuls of history where they belong.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Well, I kinda dig the manual only aspect of GT500, but it would rock with 600 rwhp and a 6R80.

You can get a Coyote with factory 3.73 gears and a 6r80, lots of fun.

The AODE...which is indeed the biggest POS trans ever created, is no comparison.
I cut my teeth on 5.0 Fox bodys and you didnt even consider the AOD...if you could line up with one it was instawin.
When I bought my Z28, I had no clue that GM transmissions were actually worth while, I assumed since Mustangs with autos were no good, all autos must suck....until my buddy prodded the crap out of me to drive that Auto Z28....only took one sideways 1-2 shift to have me asking where do i sign?

LOL.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

You sure you can get the Coyote A6 with 3.73s? When you build it on Fords site they remove the 3.73s and the Performance Package when you select the automatic. Best they offer is 3.55 (vs the standard 3.15).

The GT500 and 350 being manual only is costing them so many sales its not even funny, its pathetic. Same as the Viper and the old Z06. As GM is finding out, when you offer an automatic, sales will triple. The new Z06 is currently being ordered at a 70/30 split, auto to manual. You can't outshift a computer. Its not even worth trying. Plus in this country theres so damn much traffic manuals are just too much work.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

Mike_Levy wrote:I don't have any experience with the 6R80. The AODE was a POS though. I went through probably 3 or 4 of them in Econolines with less than 30k miles when I used to do "deliveries", plus blew out the one in my Mustang (which led to the Tremec swap, which was the biggest mistake of my life) and a Crown Vic. And whatever the front drive version was in the Taurus, we've blown a pair of those too in Security cars.

If the 6 speed is so good, then why is Ford neutering them? Crummy rear end gears, no Performance Pack available, not available on the Shelbys. Its like they're trying to force the antiquated manual down our throats. Do they not realize that its the 21st Century? Manuals are the worst transmissions available. Even CVTs have advanced past them, and they can't come close to touching a decent automatic or twin clutch. Yet Ford, and to a lesser extent Dodge and Chevy, just won't let them go to the annuls of history where they belong.

the aod was retarded.... and the fact that they put it in large vehicles made it worse. second generation to it was the 4r70. it was a lot better but still not the greatest. once build they are very strong however. the 6r80 is a whole other ball game. they do offer a 3.55 but not a 3.73 the main reason gears are not needed with the car as the trans has a 4.17 first gear. so it flat out does not need it. the trans in bone stock form will handle 800 wheel and they shift extremely fast as they are a clutch to clutch trans. kind of like Chevy 6l90.

as for the Shelby i feel the main reason they don't offer it is the Shelby is always marketed as american muscle mans man car. the whole "real men don't drive autos" standpoint. that is probably why they dont. it could be pcm related as the sheblys and gt500s share different pcms. but not sure.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

keep in mind i LOVE autos... i was a trans tech for ford back in the day.... i agree with you. im just giving what i feel are some of fords reasons and presenting fact about the 6r80
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The problem with that idea for the Shelbys is, Carroll's own Cobra was an automatic. The reason they're manual only is because Bill Ford Jr and Raj Nair see that as the performance transmission. They're still living in the 70's and 80's with their heads up their asses.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

i tend to agree with you on that one....lol
mrnewt

Post by mrnewt »

A couple of months has passed... just popping by and see if there are any news.

:)
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Apparently theres a Fusion ST coming out for 2017 with the 2.7 EcoBoost, along with a new automatic and AWD. Thats the one thats gonna get love. In fact, I may give it a shot myself. A nice cheap 300+hp car with decent performance to go along with the pickup or SUV I'm gonna need to get soon (waiting to see the Raptor). Tune, debadge, blackout, tint and run full sleeper.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mrnewt

Post by mrnewt »

Mike_Levy wrote:Apparently theres a Fusion ST coming out for 2017 with the 2.7 EcoBoost, along with a new automatic and AWD. Thats the one thats gonna get love. In fact, I may give it a shot myself. A nice cheap 300+hp car with decent performance to go along with the pickup or SUV I'm gonna need to get soon (waiting to see the Raptor). Tune, debadge, blackout, tint and run full sleeper.
Are you actually serious!? Cus I could see myself buying that thing in a heart beat... :shock:
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Yep, completely serious. Actually I saw an article on it either yesterday or earlier today. They apparently calling it the Fusion Sport and it will have 325hp.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2017-for ... ok-review/
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mrnewt

Post by mrnewt »

That is not bad at all... since they don't give it a manual gear box, I hope the paddles on this one though are a little more responsive.
Thanks for the link and info, I will keep my eyes on it for sure!