Picked up a new ride this weekend...

The DiabloSport Lounge

Moderator: mikel

mikel

Picked up a new ride this weekend...

Post by mikel »

And its bad ass!

2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Turbo.

Awesome car. Handles like a champ, no body roll at all.
Brakes....not sure how to describe them, other than to say I am sure I am going to bounce my head off the windshield eventually. Brembos FTW!
The A6 could be a little smarter, but it does do some really cool stuff, like amazing rev matching on manual downshifts, and it will hold the revs if you back off the throttle real quick.
Acceleration is there, but could be better, but thats the easy part....easy, BIG gains to be had from a tune.
Speaking of which, anyone want to guess what the next GM applications will be???

I'll get a few pics up tomorrow.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Re: Picked up a new ride this weekend...

Post by Mike_Levy »

Oh come on!! You buy a car and it gets immediate support. I buy cars and they don't get supported even though the gains would be 2-3 times what you're gonna get with the little 2.0L 4? :evil:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you gotta buy a car that's already supported man :lol:
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

All the supported cars suck!!! Lets face facts, once and for all, Americans can't make cars. Doesn't matter if its a domestic marque or a foreign one. If it was built by American workers, its gonna be a piece of crap. Its gonna squeak, its gonna rattle, its gonna fall apart. Americans have no work ethic and have no pride in what they do.

I've tried them all. When you've owned as many cars as I have, you start to see patterns.
Mustang - Made in Dearborn, rattles up the wazoo. Transmission fell apart
Neon - Made in America. Same old story. Plus the front bumper popped off and ran away rather than taking an impact
F-Bodys- Made in Canada. No rattles but squeaky T-tops, at least until subframe connectors went on.
Grand Prix- Made in the USA. Took 200sq ft of dynamat to derattle
BMW 540i- Made in Dingolfing, Germany. 6 years, not a peep. Though the plastics were subpar and the cooling system sucked
300C SRT8- Made in Canada. No Squeaks, rattles.
Jeep SRT8- Made in America. More of the same. Bad transmission, garbage transfer case. Rattles like a tin can.
Caddy CTS-V- Made in the USA. $70k down the toilet. Rattles from the pillars, squeaks from the sunroof and seats.
GMC Pukon- Made in KC. Rattles from the back end.
BMW X5M- Made in SC. $100k truck that rattled like a 1985 Ford pickup. Tons of electronics issues.
Audi A6- Made in Germany. Decent so far. Windows are really slow, but I think thats as designed.

Germany makes the best cars it seems. Thats where the support needs to be.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
smackdownsrt

Post by smackdownsrt »

Mike_Levy wrote:Caddy CTS-V- Made in the USA. $70k down the toilet. Rattles from the pillars, squeaks from the sunroof and seats.
Rattlemobile! There was one in the dash too. Can't forget the infamous "normal" supercharger rattle (the TDI isn't even that loud!). And it was only $20K down the toilet after a year.
...to be supported by Diablosport...
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Thats just the way they are. Americans just don't give a crap. And the worst part is, the public lets them get away with it. Instead of going and bitching, they deal with it. Thats bullshit. People need to grow a set and walk away if they get a crapbox. Bitch to the manufacturers. Let them know you aren't happy. If they don't care, go elsewhere. I had every intention of buying a 7-series, but BMW was being a bunch of assholes to me, so I went elsewhere. If other people would do the same, the manufacturers might take a hint.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Time will tell, but the ATS is no rattle can at 6500 miles....

If BMW would use GM PCMs that we can add in a few days, well, you'd be next on the list too :)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

That either means your roads are better than mine or Detroits or LAs, or that you aren't driving it hard enough. Bet if you brought it up here and drove the way I do, the thing would be rattling in less than an hour. I made a new Range Rover Sport rattle on the test drive. :?

Screw BMW. I'm not liking them anymore. They were mean to me. Add Audi. The PCMs must be easy to get into, because every German company tunes them, and charges up the ass to do it. Hell, I can get into parts of it with VAG-COM.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

K&N Drop-in
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike_Levy wrote:That either means your roads are better than mine or Detroits or LAs, or that you aren't driving it hard enough. Bet if you brought it up here and drove the way I do, the thing would be rattling in less than an hour. I made a new Range Rover Sport rattle on the test drive. :?

Screw BMW. I'm not liking them anymore. They were mean to me. Add Audi. The PCMs must be easy to get into, because every German company tunes them, and charges up the ass to do it. Hell, I can get into parts of it with VAG-COM.
Oh, i'm pushing it good. I dont use the braks to turn, it just goes :)
Our roads are definitely not as bad as Detroit/LA/NYC.

Jon (from AMP and here) got one this weekend too. We'll have a contest to see who can trash theirs first ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com