Problems with connecting my predator with the PC

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

C5R

Problems with connecting my predator with the PC

Post by C5R »

Hi,

I bought a 99er corvette c5 together with a diablosport predator. It has software rev 1.03 and hardware rev 1.00. The cable is a Prolific 2303HX Chip Rev D.
According to the windows device manager everything seems fine. Unfortunately, the DS Downloader Utility / Data viewer does not find any tool ... I tried automatic search because I do not know the model number of my predator.
I have windows 7 x64 professional.
Any ideas?
06MonteSS

Re: Problems with connecting my predator with the PC

Post by 06MonteSS »

it won't find it because you can not use the dsdownloader program with that ollllld ancient predator.. that old predator is not updatable, can't use the software with it at all... can not update it, can not record data logs with it, etc.. waaaay too old on that original predator.. can't do anything but just use the tool itself with whatever tunes/adjustements are on it, can't use any software with it...

your best bet is to trade it in to diablosport and they will give you a $100 discount on buying a new inTune or Trinity from them.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
C5R

Re: Problems with connecting my predator with the PC

Post by C5R »

Thank you. Is it possible to have a look at the original settings from the first time when the predator was connected to the car?
I would like to check the backup file.