Check engine light on, Predator won't read codes

Predator support for Dodge diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

VictorC

Check engine light on, Predator won't read codes

Post by VictorC »

I started having a problem with my truck (not predator related, probably just batteries starting to go out). Anyway, the truck started showing a check engine light on the dash. So I thought i would pull out my handy predator because it is supposed to be able to read codes. When checking for codes, the predator read 'no codes found'. So I went down to autozone and they plugged in their tool and it showed a p2059. I tried the predator 3 or 4 times and could not pull the code.

Just curious if there is a reason why the predator was not able to read the code, when autozone scanner could?
ropnjessi

RE: Check engine light on, Predator won

Post by ropnjessi »

You can check the codes on your truck by turning the ignition key 3 times (do not start) and all codes will display in the odometer. Maybe this code P2059 "Reductant Inj Air Pump Ctrl Circ/Open" is outside of the Predator parameters.
03'/305 Dually 4 x 4
Platinum FASS/150,/Level II CP3, 60hp.Inj.
Stage 1 cold air box, BD Intercooler
Smarty SSR,62/65/13ss, CFM+
Goerend Trans. Westach, Fuel/Rail Gauges

2011 Laramie Longhorn All Stock
VictorC

Post by VictorC »

The key trick does not work on my 07 5.9. I have the factory alarm installed and cycling the key on and off three times will switch the security system in or out of valet mode. No codes were shown to the dash.

BTW, P2509 on an '07 is 'Powerdown Data Lost Error'. Turns out one of my battery cables came loose (drivers side positive) while moving over some rough rock at slow speed.
ropnjessi

Post by ropnjessi »

My 03 works fine with the factory alarm, I guess they must have changed it in 07....
03'/305 Dually 4 x 4
Platinum FASS/150,/Level II CP3, 60hp.Inj.
Stage 1 cold air box, BD Intercooler
Smarty SSR,62/65/13ss, CFM+
Goerend Trans. Westach, Fuel/Rail Gauges

2011 Laramie Longhorn All Stock
Freighttrain

Re: Check engine light on, Predator won't read codes

Post by Freighttrain »

I have the same issue with my 03 , I have an engine light and the predator won't pick it up just says no codes. Did the key cycle and I get 2 codes pertaining to map sensor. ... all started when I loaded the predator tune in the truck. Idk what to do.