Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator Ford Diesel U7170 hardware upgrade program in place!

U7170 hardware upgrade program in place!

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Fri May 28, 2010 11:55 am

Yes, that tool will need the $99 hardware upgrade to take the latest updates.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Fri May 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks, I have the number to the RMA desk, will contact customer to determine if he wants to have the devise updated.

Can't I just download the upgrade program to my U7170? Why should I have to even pay for an upgrade in the programing? I thought I bought it with the correct programming.

Will this upgrade programming increase my throttle response?

Rez

Is this upgrade still available? I just bought a 2002 ford 7.3 and it came with this unit. Is there a way to see if the previous owner did the upgrade?

Late to the party. Is this still available?? Are you answering questions in this forum anymore??

yes, this is available.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

mikel wrote:
yes, this is available.

Do I need to install stock program back in truck before shipping. To avoid an extra $50 fee?

kevinx wrote:
mikel wrote:
yes, this is available.

Do I need to install stock program back in truck before shipping. To avoid an extra $50 fee?

yes return the vehicle to stock first :)

I just started using my Predator tuner again on my Excursion and I get a PATS key disable. Will the $99 upgrade fix this. I do not remember this from the past but it has been a while since I used it last.

Grumpyjoe wrote:
I just started using my Predator tuner again on my Excursion and I get a PATS key disable. Will the $99 upgrade fix this. I do not remember this from the past but it has been a while since I used it last.

go to the modify tune menu and enable PATS then load the tune, that should resolve it.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

You make it so easy. Thank You.

Is this this available for upgrade, i would love to have my predator upgraded

Previous

Return to Predator Ford Diesel