Invalid License(2)

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

jgrappone

Invalid License(2)

Post by jgrappone »

I have a predator U7165 for my 2006 F250 powerstroke and have had it since 2006. My dealer updated my truck to VXCF9H7 week. I updated my tool to 9R11 and put the 100hp program in my truck two days ago. Today I tried to load the tow program in the truck and it said invalid license(2) "tune in the vehicle does not match last tune written" I then tried to reload my original file and got the same message. I need help!
mikel

RE: Invalid License(2)

Post by mikel »

Sounds like you did not restore before you went to the dealer.

You'll need to get a copy of the work order, fax it to 561-908-0048 then call within an hour with the tool powered up so we can unlock it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jgrappone

Post by jgrappone »

I called this morning and was stepped through the unlocking process. Afterwards I tried it in my truck and it still will not do anything because the truck still has the 100hp program in it and the programmer thinks it is someone else performance program and won't back it up. I saved the original backup to the computer but when I tried to download it to the programmer it downloaded it as a custom file. Hence it won't load that to the truck either because it won't backup the 100hp file as the original. Any ideas?
jgrappone

Post by jgrappone »

I carried the truck to Commonwealth Diesel in Richmond,Va. and they reflashed the truck back to current OEM calibration and all is well now. They had to erase the old program in the PCM and install fresh. They are great folks to work with.
soundman32

Post by soundman32 »

so does it seem like all the power is back