Let us know your current problems with your 6.4 U7164

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

rayconway

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New Update for U7164?

Post by rayconway »

Guys,

We know this is difficult, but it is just software. Microsoft has patches and fixes out usually before issues happen. Understanding tuner companies don't get warning updates from the auto manufacturers saying "Ford is getting ready to introduce new flashes to improve customer satisfaction", but we are all still left holding expensive hardware that does not have applicable software to work.

I know broken record, but 2-3 weeks has been months now since all of this started. Ford has a whole file of different tuning packages, and by now, with the number of units both Predator and Trinity that you guys must have sold, you have probably seen most if not all that they are throwing at us. Don't you owe it to your distributors and end users to have a better turn around time in keeping your customers satisfied? Don't get me wrong, I am not a propellar head, but then I don't own Diablosport either.

Can you step it up a bit? I guess the smart thing to do is to never take your car or truck in for a re-flash when the manufacturer sends out a notice for "customer satisfaction updates". It is either that, or don't purchase products that will not work afterwards?

What is your take on customer service?

Many thanks,

Ray
Tromano

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New Update for U7164?

Post by Tromano »

mikel wrote:
Tromano wrote:I would't be so upset with this company. I understand its technology and we are trying to out with the system. What really gets my Butt is the lack of comunication between the company and the customer. could someon eplease keep us updated and do you have a time frame for the issues with the Ford F250 update since the lates stil does not work
The latest round of calibrations are being tested currently, should be another 2-3 weeks hopefully.
Mike you mind me asking what kind of calendar you use it's been more than 2 to 3 weeks. Do you guys know how much longer?
cshortridge

Post by cshortridge »

Approaching three weeks now, what is the status of this update?
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

Mike,

What's the scoop dude? Months, not weeks. Even a blind squirrell finds a nut now and then. Just through sheer chance and time, one would think you guys would have this done.

Are you even close to having Ford figured out?
jstreet77

Post by jstreet77 »

Can my predator be updated to the latest crom. My cal is 8u7a-14c204-ajd
Andysapp

RE: New Update for U7164?

Post by Andysapp »

Had the truck in for warranty service a few weeks back. Finally thought I'd try the 50HP tune today as the fuel mileage really sucks. Now I know why. They reflashed the truck and the predator won't recognize the new cal ids. I have the 9T13G crom in it. My new cal IDs are unit 1: 8U7A-14C204-CJ
unit 2: 7U7A-14C337-AB

When can we expect the new updates? Will my new cal IDs be recognized? Will I ba able to mod the transmission?
If You need a trial I am a willing subject.

Thx, Andy.
F250 4X4 CC 6.4 diesel U7164
Surfer44

RE: New Update for U7164?

Post by Surfer44 »

Free at last, free at last. I sold the POS!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW, what a ride!!!
bearrjp

RE: Re: RE: Let us know your current problems with your 6.4

Post by bearrjp »

Just had my 2009 F350 6.4L in the shop. They reloaded my computer to fix my problems that have been going on for a year now. Purchased the Predator about a month ago and when I go to load, vehicle is not supported.
CalID are:
Unit 1
8U7A-14C204-HCB
Unit 2
8C3A-14C337-DC
mikel

Post by mikel »

sorry again for the delays, here is the update:

http://www.diablosport.com/downloads/re ... 9t13i.crom

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
kurt_bornbach

Post by kurt_bornbach »

HELP Downloaded/installed 9t13i.crom. now only the left 1/2 of the screen is on. Whats up with that? did not install to vehicle yet.
mikel

Post by mikel »

hmm...looking into this.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
dptx

Post by dptx »

I have an 08 6.4 that I picked up in March. It hasn't been to the dealer since I got it so no current re-flash. It has CAL ID's 8C3A-14C204-PB and 8C3A-14C337-CA showing. I have tried every update posted since I got the programmer a week after buying the truck, the last being 9t13i. The programmer still says CAL ID's not supported. I thought 9t13i was supposed to cover everything out there right now? I'm a network engineer and I do a lot of reverse engineering of C, VB, and .NET, so I'm having a hard time understanding the timeline involved here. Any suggestions on why the ID's are not showing to be supported and is there any hope of ever having this device work?
bagger09

Post by bagger09 »

Go to my post there is an update 9t13j that should work with your truck if the downloader will let you put back in an earlier update.
mikel

Re: RE: Re: RE: Let us know your current problems with your

Post by mikel »

dptx wrote:I have an 08 6.4 that I picked up in March. It hasn't been to the dealer since I got it so no current re-flash. It has CAL ID's 8C3A-14C204-PB and 8C3A-14C337-CA showing. I have tried every update posted since I got the programmer a week after buying the truck, the last being 9t13i. The programmer still says CAL ID's not supported. I thought 9t13i was supposed to cover everything out there right now? I'm a network engineer and I do a lot of reverse engineering of C, VB, and .NET, so I'm having a hard time understanding the timeline involved here. Any suggestions on why the ID's are not showing to be supported and is there any hope of ever having this device work?
You have an older cal, the 9t13i is for new P30 calibrations.

You need the attached 9t13h crom.
Attachments
u7164-9t13h.crom
(6.16 MiB) Downloaded 269 times
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com