Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator Ford Diesel Let us know your current problems with your 6.4 U7164

Let us know your current problems with your 6.4 U7164

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Installing AFE Mach force 4 inch race pipe.

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:39 pm

yep just as I figured no help Thanks guys you tool is a piece of crap

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Tromano wrote:
OK I would but like I said I own a MAC computer. I can not download or update. I took it a Diablosport dealer here in memphis and I was told there is nothing he can do. so Please let me know how I can update. they tried to update and it came back corrupt file.
Not sure what they ran into, but I have never met an 'application missing or corrupt tool' that would not take the latest crom file.
There are instructions right on the dsdownloader that show you how to do it.
If needed, give us a call and we can walk you through it.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Andysapp wrote:
An addendum to all the other issues. I loaded the latest revision u7164-9r12a just to see. Loaded the 80HP tune and changed the shift points dramatically. The tune is in and absolutely nothing changed re shift points at all. As in my posts in another forum the tune does NOT allow me to write to the transmission control module at all. Please note that the custom tune that was written for me DID write to the TCM. Please make sure the new revision actually does write to TCM!

U7164
V.9r12a

Unit 1 8U7A-14C204-CG
Unit 2 7U7A-14C337-AB

2008 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.4L 4X4 CrewCab 3.73 gears

Just to let you know. I tried the new crom over the weekend. Truck runs okay. No idea re fuel mileage yet. Main issue is that I tried changing the shift points in the tranny by -20 in the MPH setting with absolutely no change in shift points at all. In the custom tune you sent the overdrive shift went from 80 kph down to 70 kph and I was able to avoid shifting out below 65kph. The factory set is 80 kph in and approx 78 kph downshift. So no the unit still isn't allowing me to mod the settings at all. Also there is no change in tire revs no matter where set. I still have the custom tune if that helps. The problem with the custom was when it went into regen it stayed in regen.

Andy.

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Andysapp wrote:
Andysapp wrote:
An addendum to all the other issues. I loaded the latest revision u7164-9r12a just to see. Loaded the 80HP tune and changed the shift points dramatically. The tune is in and absolutely nothing changed re shift points at all. As in my posts in another forum the tune does NOT allow me to write to the transmission control module at all. Please note that the custom tune that was written for me DID write to the TCM. Please make sure the new revision actually does write to TCM!

U7164
V.9r12a

Unit 1 8U7A-14C204-CG
Unit 2 7U7A-14C337-AB

2008 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.4L 4X4 CrewCab 3.73 gears

Just to let you know. I tried the new crom over the weekend. Truck runs okay. No idea re fuel mileage yet. Main issue is that I tried changing the shift points in the tranny by -20 in the MPH setting with absolutely no change in shift points at all. In the custom tune you sent the overdrive shift went from 80 kph down to 70 kph and I was able to avoid shifting out below 65kph. The factory set is 80 kph in and approx 78 kph downshift. So no the unit still isn't allowing me to mod the settings at all. Also there is no change in tire revs no matter where set. I still have the custom tune if that helps. The problem with the custom was when it went into regen it stayed in regen.

Andy.
Please try the attached update, it has some more fixes.

Thanks
Attachments
u7164-9t13g.crom
(7.3 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Mike,

Is 9t13g.crom the latest and go forward update for the U7164. I keep looking in the download and updates page for updates and this, nor the last one posted 9t13c.crom were posted on updates.

I called tech support and they said that you found glitches with 9t13c, so I wanted to know if it was safe to use either one of these?

Thanks,

Ray

Buck02

Use the 9t13g that Mike L has posted it has been tested and works.

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:30 am

Tried The 9T13G. Still the same issues. I cannot modify the transmission shift points nor is there any effect to the tire revs (the revs default to a 17" tire and I am currently on 20" & the speedo is still accurate for the 20").

Andy.

I expect tire size to not work, it seems to be done through the ABS module, but I need to look into the shift point adjustments.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 pm

mikel wrote:
Tromano wrote:
OK I would but like I said I own a MAC computer. I can not download or update. I took it a Diablosport dealer here in memphis and I was told there is nothing he can do. so Please let me know how I can update. they tried to update and it came back corrupt file.
Not sure what they ran into, but I have never met an 'application missing or corrupt tool' that would not take the latest crom file.
There are instructions right on the dsdownloader that show you how to do it.
If needed, give us a call and we can walk you through it.

Thanks

Ok I downloaed the update tried to install on my truck came back with same message unabel to update call 561-908-0040 x1
UNIT 1- 8U7A-14C204-FE
UNIT 2- 8U3A-14C337-CA

Buck02 wrote:
Use the 9t13g that Mike L has posted it has been tested and works.

Still does not work for the 08 Ford F250 is there any more updates in the works

Yes, we are still testing on the latest family of calibration from Ford that were released in the past few weeks.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Were these Cal IDs included in this 9t13g update:
Unit 1: 8U7A-14C204-HCA
Unit 2: 8C3A-14C337-DC

I updated my customer's Preadator and it still reports:
"Feature not supported on this vehicle Call tech support with ID" according to him.

Come on guys customer is not happy and neither am I this has drug on a bit too long. I hope you are not going to tell us to wait another 3 weeks or so that turns out to be 4 or 5
+!!

I would't be so upset with this company. I understand its technology and we are trying to out with the system. What really gets my Butt is the lack of comunication between the company and the customer. could someon eplease keep us updated and do you have a time frame for the issues with the Ford F250 update since the lates stil does not work

Tromano wrote:
I would't be so upset with this company. I understand its technology and we are trying to out with the system. What really gets my Butt is the lack of comunication between the company and the customer. could someon eplease keep us updated and do you have a time frame for the issues with the Ford F250 update since the lates stil does not work
The latest round of calibrations are being tested currently, should be another 2-3 weeks hopefully.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

PreviousNext

Return to Predator Ford Diesel