New 6.0 Tunes

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

mikel

Post by mikel »

9secondchev wrote:Could some one send me 8r14 i have lost about 4mpg since I updated to the new crom from this, I wish I new what my tool originaly came with I got the best milage with it before I ever updated it.
have you tried the new test crom posted here?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
9secondchev

Post by 9secondchev »

I updated to 9t14a and have lost 4 mpg over the 8r14 my truck is vxcf4hh not vxcf9 i don't know if that makes a difference but i do know that it had more power and better milage in the tow and performance tunes with the 8r14.
Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

I will look at the tow and Performance tune and see if I can see were we can add some power. How are you seeing that you loss that much mpg. I assume you are doing it by hand calculation the dash will be off due to the recalibration of injection pulse.
9secondchev

Post by 9secondchev »

I did it by hand, i went from 13.5mpg pulling to 9.5mpg
Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

Wow on thats a alot. I assume you were on the tow tune? Ill look at the tune for your family cal. and see what we can do.
ProEMTPFF

Post by ProEMTPFF »

Yea, I agree the tow needs some work on MPG.
2006 F250 4x4 King Ranch CC
4" turbo back exhaust
K+N CAI
Head Studs
EGR delete

Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

Can you load one of the tow tunes and drive it with out towing and see if you gain or maintain mileage. I built that tune to increase torque for towing. Let me know what the outcome is with out towing on the tow tune.
moosy0

Post by moosy0 »

2005 6.0

I just updated to v.9r13 from 2010.

My calid is vxcf9c4

Is this the most recent update to use. I havent been on this site for months because there was no fix for the power issues. Now it appears there is. Where do I find the most recent download?
Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

Here is the newest update to in testing.
Feedback Please
Attachments
u7165_pcm_6_0-9t14b.crom
(941.04 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
ProEMTPFF

Post by ProEMTPFF »

Is that a tow tune or what?
2006 F250 4x4 King Ranch CC
4" turbo back exhaust
K+N CAI
Head Studs
EGR delete

mikel

Post by mikel »

New crom with a new tow tune....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
moosy0

Post by moosy0 »

The new extreme tune is awesome. That's a shit load of juice. Been a while since the fix but from what I recall this has more than before the ford reflash. I haven't put enough miles on to see what the mileage is going to be but in the last day I am registering 13 mpg in the city, about 1 mpg better than stock. I've been a bit heavier on the foot so I didn't expect much of an improvement. I'm hoping for more of an improvement once I'm done tearing up whats left of my rubber. I might go to the middle tune to see if that gives me a better balance between power and fuel mileage...and a little less smoke pouring into car windows.
I will get back to you.
Dawgman

Post by Dawgman »

I have tried both the extreme and performance tune, and hand calculated the fuel mileage. I too have lost over 2 mpg on average on both tunes. I also have VXCF4. Will try tow tune this week....hoping for better mpg's. However, I must say the new extreme tunes power is awesome!!
Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

The mileage is so hard to get when everyones driving style is so diffrent and everyones truck combo is diffrent. Try the performance tune and just see how you like it comparable. I am tring to make the best tunes to give everyone the best of both worlds MPG and Power.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Dawgman wrote:I have tried both the extreme and performance tune, and hand calculated the fuel mileage. I too have lost over 2 mpg on average on both tunes. I also have VXCF4. Will try tow tune this week....hoping for better mpg's. However, I must say the new extreme tunes power is awesome!!
Are you running the 9t14b crom?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com