New 6.0 Tunes

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

ProEMTPFF

Post by ProEMTPFF »

Just did the head studs and EGR delete so yea.....I agree something to turn off the check engine light and adjust the speedometer for larger tires. Next thing is while getting the studs and delete kit installed my mechanic found a cracked rocker arm. I'm not saying it was the new extreme tune BUT I'd have to agree with what Buck has said about it........roll into the throttle. I'd imagine me hammering the throttle may have caused a valve to float cracking the rocker arm or maybe not.
2006 F250 4x4 King Ranch CC
4" turbo back exhaust
K+N CAI
Head Studs
EGR delete

Buck02

Post by Buck02 »

ProEMTPFF wrote:Just did the head studs and EGR delete so yea.....I agree something to turn off the check engine light and adjust the speedometer for larger tires. Next thing is while getting the studs and delete kit installed my mechanic found a cracked rocker arm. I'm not saying it was the new extreme tune BUT I'd have to agree with what Buck has said about it........roll into the throttle. I'd imagine me hammering the throttle may have caused a valve to float cracking the rocker arm or maybe not.
Never seen a Rocker arm failure from a tune. Anytime I have seen or heard anything related comes from mechanical failure. But I would always reccomend roll in the throttle on Any HOT tune it helps burn fuel effienciently and lock the converter on point everytime.