U7170 Tuner Shifting

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Shermanator

U7170 Tuner Shifting

Post by Shermanator »

I've done a search on the topic but can't find what I'm looking for, of course! I have a '02 PSD and just put a "proper" tranny into it but, the tranny has a shift kit in place. With the U7170 can I "shut off" the auto transmission shift features of shifting or do they have to be adjusted somehow? Can I just select "standard transimission" and it will bypass the auto shift features? Sherm
2002 F350 S/C L/B 4 x 4, K & N cold air intake, AFE 4" exhaust T to T, Rancho's all around , Diablo Predator, Auto Meter gauges, custom 4R100 HD
Shermanator

RE: U7170 Tuner Shifting

Post by Shermanator »

Figured I may as well update this. My tranny guy said it made no difference in the shifting with the new tranny, whether the tuner changed stuff or not, it still shifts like a hot damn! Sherm
2002 F350 S/C L/B 4 x 4, K & N cold air intake, AFE 4" exhaust T to T, Rancho's all around , Diablo Predator, Auto Meter gauges, custom 4R100 HD
jbeasts10

Post by jbeasts10 »

You can go into adjust parameters and lower the line pressure and it will help out with the hard shifting.If that is your issue.I have mine set kinda high and it turns over my 305s just about every time it shifts into 2nd gear if I am over half throttle.
2001 f250 CCSB 4WD 5"Exhaust,
BallBuster Turbo,ITP Regulated Return,03 Headlights
CCV-MOD,,AIH Delete,Built-Trans,Programmer,DIY Intake,EBPV delete,Boost-fooler,Gauges,305's
Shermanator

Post by Shermanator »

The shifting without the tune installed is the same now I have a proper tranny in the truck. The shift kit seems to match up perfectly with the settings that the tune installs and my tranny guy assured me it's not going to hurt anything by leaving the tune the way it is.....Sherm