U7164 Update

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

rayconway

RE: Re: RE: Well there you have it

Post by rayconway »

As you put so eloquently Bagger, you are exactly right..........that is what I am trying to do. But lets not skirt the issue here. It has been 9 months regardless of what I chose to do with the money that I spent on a DS product. Whether I use it or not, it does not work period. That is the issue, not what I choose to do with my Predator. Think of it in much simplier terms.......I am one guy. DS is fleecing hundreds of customer, who like me, regardless of what they choose to do with their money, feel cheated.

How about you, did you forgo the updates from Ford and have a perfectally working Predator or Trinity? Why wait for warranty work anyway? LIke cshortridge said, why would you knowingly purchase something that you know didn't work. For that matter, why would you keep your mouth shut and be happy with money you just tossed out the window? I guess if you are independantly wealthy, $300 bucks is no big deal.

Thanks for the thought all the same, but I'd like my money's worth.
bagger09

Post by bagger09 »

Not trying to step on toes and make hard feelings. 1 If you had your tuner already in one truck and you are selling it to install in another truck (unless I misunderstood what you wrote in other forums) It will not go into another truck with out diablo resetting it whick is another fee to unlock it.
2. I had a transmission downshift problem with the one test crom. I have had no issues with 2nd test crom.
3. That update 11b23 is for safety issues like engine overfilling because of raw fuel because of regen. I have been a heavy equipment diesel technician for 30 years and raw fuel in a cumbustion cylinder is bad. dpf. delete solves that issue.
4. Dealership already blocked me from uploading diablo tune. What I did to solve that issue is when I originally loaded the diablo I uploaded trucks original stock tune and saved to file on my computer reloaded that back into the diablo and reinstalled that original back back into the truck and that over wrote what the dealership did. 5. The only issue I am with truck now is the injection pump nothing to do with the tuner and ford is taking care of it under warranty and they tuner and exhaust mod friendly.

I for myself I signed waiver not to have that update done at this time. My rep said he would cover that recall when diablo gets the new calids fixed so tune will work with update.
MAtSTER

Post by MAtSTER »

Look, what about those of us who arent't trying to use our DS in another vehicle?? My situation is very simple... I bought a DS in June of '09, it never did all it promised. Ford sent out it's "manditory" update, I reset the unit to factory setting, got the update and now it doesn't work. End of story. I just want better mpg's!!!
Vas@Diablosport

Post by Vas@Diablosport »

Look guys, its as simple as this: When we created this tool, it worked. We had no way of knowing that Ford was going to be updating their software so drastically. Generally, when a manufacturer updates their software, it's usually just minor changes. This situation is totally different from past manufacturer updates. There were not simple, minor adjustments made that would only take us a couple of weeks to add support for. The software in Fords latest update is COMPLETELY different from their past software, thus causing us to start back at square 1.

We have been working on this new update for some time now (as you guys know). I know it's a lot to ask for, but please be patient with us. We had no way of foreseeing such a curve ball.

And BTW, when the update comes out, the tunes are expected to be better than ever...
No, i don't work here.
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

Just so that everyone understands, I am trying to sell my Predator.........after 6 months of not being able to use, I wanted a tuner, so I purchased another brand. I returned my Predator to stock which would unlock the tuner. Unfortunately the guy who wants to buy this one, also had the Factory reflash done, so it does not work.

I was perfectlly happy with the Predator when it was working, though it really did not do anything for economy, but Ford took care of that.

I will at some point do the DPF Delete, and as I don't race, I most likely won't need a tuner anyway. I have even thought about going to larger diameter tires, or 373 grears just to squeeze some milage out of this thing.

No hard feelings for anyone here, including the DS team. I just think it is a shame that many people can't use a product that they spent money on. I guess we have a right to complain.......really.

Thanks Bagger and Vas
cshortridge

Post by cshortridge »

Vas,

Is the update at least tenative for this year - 2011? (It has been under development for 6+ months now). Beyond this there would be no way I could sweet talk my customer into waiting on it.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
dsexton

RE: Well there you have it

Post by dsexton »

I am having same issue downloaded. 9r13 one still nothing. Me and my Co worker have had for a year nothing
mikel

Post by mikel »

All the latest calibrations should be supported here, enjoy.

Thanks

http://www.diablosport.com/downloads/re ... 9t13i.crom
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

has anyone tried the new CROM files? Does it seem to work in spite of Ford's best efforts?

Cheers DS