U7164 Update

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

mikel

RE: Well there you have it

Post by mikel »

The only calibrations not currently supported are only 3months old at the oldest now.
The last 9t13g crom supports everything else up until the latest family of calibrations were released.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Crowman

Post by Crowman »

Really, the only update on the download page is 9R12A from 6/7/2010. Where do I find the 9t12g?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Its the 7th post on the first page of this thread.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Crowman

Post by Crowman »

Thanks Mike, I ahve been checking the download and update page religiously. Why is is not posted there?
bagger09

Post by bagger09 »

Transmission will not downshift from overdrive with 9t13g crom file until you to 30 mph or kick throttle to floor and force downshift. When towing in tow/haul function and you slow down transmission will downshift very hard and when you get back into throttle will go into hunt upshift and downshift continuously until you let off and back into it or just mat it.
cshortridge

Re: RE: Well there you have it

Post by cshortridge »

mikel wrote:The only calibrations not currently supported are only 3months old at the oldest now.
The last 9t13g crom supports everything else up until the latest family of calibrations were released.
WHEN will these cal ID get support:
Unit 1: 8U7A-14C204-HCA
Unit 2: 8C3A-14C337-DC

I have been put off on this since March - longer than three months+...
mikel

RE: Re: RE: Well there you have it

Post by mikel »

Have you tried the 9t13g crom?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
cshortridge

RE: Re: RE: Well there you have it

Post by cshortridge »

Yes, I updated the unit the day after 9t13g.crom was released. The Preadator reported "Feature not supported on this vehicle. Call tech support with CalID. This is the same situation with the old version the unit came out of the box with. I updated that to Rev.12 as that was the one available at the time and was met with the same message.

So, What now?

I am installing this onit for a customer. They have been more than patient but understandably their patience is wearing thin. I am sure that if I tell him "They say three more weeks" again he will probably be asking for a refund.
jdryclean

Post by jdryclean »

Here it is more than 4 months since Ford released a recall and Diablo Sport cannot create a program to help us owners of their product. I called in March and told it would be two weeks until an update would be available. Now 3 1/2 months later still no new update for my tuner. This is an unaccpetable situation! I was offered the beta udate 5 weeks ago which did not work. Diablo needs to provide better service than giving the anwer of the update will be soon. Well soon the current owners and future owners of Diablo products will be not buying Diablo products! WE EXPECT A FIX SOON! Please update all us on the progress.
jdryclean

Post by jdryclean »

It has been 2 days since I asked for a progress update and Mike you have not responded. We would like an update!
Surfer44

Post by Surfer44 »

jdryclean wrote:It has been 2 days since I asked for a progress update and Mike you have not responded. We would like an update!
Contact Florida State Attorney Generals Office.
They said if they have enough complaints then they will insitute an inquiry.

Mine has been a POS for three years.

Office of Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050
Email Attorney General Pam Bondi

Main office telephone numbers
Switchboard: 850-414-3300

Citizens Services: 850-414-3990
ADA Coordinator: 850-414-3900
Florida Relay/TDD: 800-955-8771
Florida Toll Free: 1-866-966-7226
Fax numbers: Please see link below to find the correct
fax number of the section you are contacting.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW, what a ride!!!
jdryclean

Post by jdryclean »

Surfer44 wrote:
jdryclean wrote:It has been 2 days since I asked for a progress update and Mike you have not responded. We would like an update!
Contact Florida State Attorney Generals Office.
They said if they have enough complaints then they will insitute an inquiry.

Mine has been a POS for three years.

Office of Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050
Email Attorney General Pam Bondi

Main office telephone numbers
Switchboard: 850-414-3300

Citizens Services: 850-414-3990
ADA Coordinator: 850-414-3900
Florida Relay/TDD: 800-955-8771
Florida Toll Free: 1-866-966-7226
Fax numbers: Please see link below to find the correct
fax number of the section you are contacting.
Great! Lets get this going! Since Mike has time to reply to other indivual issue posts but not a large group this may be our only option to get someone to act. Anyone know COO Johston's or Chairman Wesley's email address so they might be able to see the real issues going on in the company?
p1tater1

Post by p1tater1 »

I have tried the update posted but still no luck. Any idea as to a time frame. I really liked it on my 2008 Dodge Charger RT but not so much right now. Any ideas? Really would like to get it working on my 2010 F250 Powerstroke.

Thanks.
MAtSTER

Post by MAtSTER »

It is totally NOT true that the only CAL ID's not supported are the ones released the latest "family" of calibrations!!! My 08 truck was purchased in July of 07, and it is not supported on the 9t13g crom update. Getting very tired of seeing all these unanswered questions. The least you could do is respond!! I wish Don was still in charge, he always responded.
mikel

Re: RE: Well there you have it

Post by mikel »

MAtSTER wrote:It is totally NOT true that the only CAL ID's not supported are the ones released the latest "family" of calibrations!!! My 08 truck was purchased in July of 07, and it is not supported on the 9t13g crom update. Getting very tired of seeing all these unanswered questions. The least you could do is respond!! I wish Don was still in charge, he always responded.
what is your calid sir?

Don would not be able to do anything about an unsupported calid either, as we are waiting to reverse engineer the new calibrations.

if your truck was flashed at the dealer in the last 3 or 4 months, it most certainly has the latest family of calibrations.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com