U7164 Update

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

BigPlum

RE: Re: RE: Well there you have it

Post by BigPlum »

any ideas on the down shifting problems with the latest update? Will there be an update to fix that? I am about to update my tuner in the next few days (just bought the cables from autoanything) but dont want to get installing it if there is a flaw in the programming. We only use the truck for towing and there are many hills and turns that we have to make...Cant afford to have downshift problems at highway or city speeds especially with 20k lbs hooked up to the truck...
Charwoo

Post by Charwoo »

Just wanting to know how to get the 9t13g? It's not on the update page. I have had the predator for over a month would love to use it. Thanks
mikel

Re: RE: Re: RE: Well there you have it

Post by mikel »

Charwoo wrote:Just wanting to know how to get the 9t13g? It's not on the update page. I have had the predator for over a month would love to use it. Thanks
Its on the first page of this thread...

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ad&id=5236
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
cshortridge

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Well there you have it

Post by cshortridge »

Any updates on the update??? Sure has been a while since anyone chimed in with encouraging news...
MAtSTER

Post by MAtSTER »

Sorry if I came off as a butt head earlier, but I am very disappointed that I have $350 in this programmer and can't even use it. Not to mention I have never seen any fuel mileage gains. Got 9.5 before tuner.... still got 9.5 after tuner... still getting 9.5. However I did notice a big difference in the driveability and power.
My cal Id's are
Unit 1: 8u7a-14c204-aj
Unit 2: 7u7a-14c337-ab
My truck ('08 F-450) recieved the ford updates well over 3 or 4 months ago, more like 7 or 8.
Again I appolagize for the hatefiull comments earlier... just disappointed.
Thanks,
Matster
jdryclean

RE: Well there you have it

Post by jdryclean »

Mike,

We need an update on the progress of the new tune!
1. Where is the proceess on the flow chart of the project?
2. When will testing start?
3. Expected roll out date.
4. Any other additional information you can provide to make the Predator owners feel more comfortable this is project is on the front burner and being worked on daily.
(If you are goiong to abandon this product let us know, as we have not gotten a comfort level since the start of this project.)
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

Mike,

Looking at the front page, it looks like DS finally has some new programming for the 6.0's.........which it looks like took over a year. In the fact that we have been struggling for 7 months now without being able to use your product, should we just tune out and check back in another 5 months or so?

I'm just sayin
mikel

Post by mikel »

The 6.0 tunes have been out for months...and to be totally honest, I could probably redo the 6.0 tunes 100 times in the same amount of time it takes the other guys to figure out all the new 6.4 stuff.

totally different projects, and people working on them....
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

OK, so you've got mad skills........why doesn't DS let you do the 6.4 reprogram? Come on man, this is getting crazy. I can't imagine that DS would willingly sit back and take all this grief over one vehicle's programming.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Realistically? I think DS needs to hire someone from the Ford engineering department, pay him a butt load of money, and get this fixed.

Ray
jdryclean

Post by jdryclean »

Mike,

I have a very hard time trying to understand why you refuse to give us an update. Over the last several months I have asked you for an honest and true update on the progress of the 6.4 update and you have refused to post an answer. This forum is supposed to help your customer which it has not. If you are unable to give us a detailed update then provide us with the contact information for the owners so that we can voice our dis-satisfiaction with the lack of response to our requests.

James
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

Mike,

In reading other Diesel forums like Powerstroke.org, ford-trucks.com, thedieselgarage.com, and thedieselstop.com, I don't see a lot of posts about customers not being able to use their Predator. Do you think this is something they should know about? I can't imagine for the life of me that anyone would want to buy a new DS product if they knew this might happen?

What do you think?
Vas@Diablosport

Re: RE: Well there you have it

Post by Vas@Diablosport »

rayconway wrote:I can't imagine that DS would willingly sit back and take all this grief over one vehicle's programming.
You are exactly right. We are not just sitting around and waiting for people to just give up on us. We ARE working on it, it's just taking a little longer than expected.

I think you misunderstood what Mike was trying to say in his last statement. It's not that he has "mad skills"... well.. he might, but thats not what he meant, lol. It's more so that the 6.0 stuff has been figured out for quite some time now, where the 6.4 software did a complete 180 and we basically had to start over from scratch..
No, i don't work here.
cshortridge

Post by cshortridge »

Diablosport should add an addendum to their instructions allerting all future customers purchasing this unit that "should your vehicle by flashed by the dealer with an update the Preadator tool will not functionpending an update by Diablosport whch could take several months".

As far as the rest of us that bought these $300 paper weights we should be able to return them to Diablosport for a full refund pending the update. We have waited on your company long enough. Time has come for some sort of action from Diablosport to make good on these useless units. Your customer base should not pay for development that is in process - we all expected to purchase working units!
bagger09

Post by bagger09 »

Maybe you should have read your recall notice. It is good until 2013 you did not have to run right out and get it done knowing that diablo is working on it. some people are just plain dumb. Like wanted to get the tune updated to sell to someone else and will not go to another vehichle once it is installed in another. In which by the forum that is what ray is trying to do.
cshortridge

Post by cshortridge »

I had a customer that bought a truck from a Ford dealer that had happened to update the truck prior to them taking delivery of it. I purchased the Preadator in March and upon its arrival found out that the "Cal ID is not supported". I have been on this forum you are so proud of and in contact with Tech Support trying to do right for my customer all to no avail.

As far as dumb you should not make assumptions as to other's situations - unless you are some Diablosport Cheerleader or something...