Studs and EGR delete done!

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

ProEMTPFF

Studs and EGR delete done!

Post by ProEMTPFF »

Buck, I did the head studs and EGR delete........could use something to turn off my "check engine" light.......please. Also, how hard would it be to add in a "tire size adjustment"?
2006 F250 4x4 King Ranch CC
4" turbo back exhaust
K+N CAI
Head Studs
EGR delete

Calexandre

RE: Studs and EGR delete done!

Post by Calexandre »

@proEMTPFF-
I have the same truck with the same upgrades. Please let me know if /when you get a tune that will shut off the check engine light due to the lack of EGR.
Thanks.
Chris
mikel

Post by mikel »

Guys, our hands are tied on offering EGR delete tunes, as per the EPA.

You can contact one of our CMR tuners (there is currently only one that has access to the 6.0 diesel stuff) and he can make you a custom tune to disable the EGR if needed.

www.diablocustomtuning.com

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
ProEMTPFF

Post by ProEMTPFF »

So, you can't make a custom tune to shut off my "check engine light" for a EGR error? SCT does it.
4" turbo back exhaust
K+N CAI
Head Studs
EGR delete

mikel

Post by mikel »

When the EPA shuts SCT down, or fines them millions of dollars, they'll start advising you to contact their tuners for that kind of stuff too....

Our tools used to have O2 delete options, AIR and EGR system disable options, right in the Predators.

A few years ago, the EPA cracked down on this very hard, and levied some serious fines that put some companies out of business.
We decided then and there that we were going to stay on their good side, and removed all of those options from our tools. Same reason we do not offer DPF delete tuning.

If you think we're paranoid...just wait to see whats going to happen to the big DPF delete companies. Its not going to be pretty when the EPA decides to act ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
ProEMTPFF

Post by ProEMTPFF »

Ok, I understand.....however I just have a hard time thinking the EPA would harass you for turning off a error light. Its not like your disabling the EGR.......I already did that.
4" turbo back exhaust
K+N CAI
Head Studs
EGR delete

mikel

Post by mikel »

Agreed, but since OBDII is federally mandated to monitor your emissions control devices, they have a good point ;)
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
toxic1venom

Post by toxic1venom »

Its the owners option to turn off the check engine light because of the lack of an egr cooler, they'll go after us ,not the company that made a tuner,man diablosport,we spent the money now its up to you to provide the product we paid for,or how bout a class action lawsuit??????
concoursd

Re: RE: Studs and EGR delete done!

Post by concoursd »

toxic1venom wrote:Its the owners option to turn off the check engine light because of the lack of an egr cooler, they'll go after us ,not the company that made a tuner,man diablosport,we spent the money now its up to you to provide the product we paid for,or how bout a class action lawsuit??????
The predators for the powerstroke NEVER had the ability to allow the end user to turn off the EGR. It was always something that required a custom tune. The CMR dealer (which Mike posted a link to) is the one that makes the tune for that. No class action lawsuit applicable since it is was never represented to do that in the first place and i am sure they would documents from the US EPA regarding the policy.