7.3.best cold air intake

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

okiesmoker

7.3.best cold air intake

Post by okiesmoker »

I have an 02 7.3 with 4 inch turbo back exhaust and running the towtune package for now..any input for cold air sytem?
Shermanator

RE: 7.3.best cold air intake

Post by Shermanator »

I just installed the K and N cold air intake on my truck, same vehicle etc as yours. I can't say I notice any difference in power but the whistle is definitley more noticeable! I just figured if you've gone to the trouble of the bigger exhaust and tune you should have as much air avalible possible..........Sherm
2002 F350 S/C L/B 4 x 4, K & N cold air intake, AFE 4" exhaust T to T, Rancho's all around , Diablo Predator, Auto Meter gauges, custom 4R100 HD
bruttus

cold air intake

Post by bruttus »

I also have the same vehicle as you and I have been using the S&B cold air intake system for about 2 years now. I went with S&B because they claim to use 8 layers of filtering material in there filters compared to others who use less. I also purchased a second filter so your truck is not down while waiting for the filter to dry after washing it. You can clean the other one at your leisure and put it on a shelf for the next change over. I also use the tow tune for every day driving as I get the best mileage from that tune. The 85 tune will throw a check engine light when used and the 110 tune will work good upto about half throttle then the engine will cackel like crazy as if it were starving for fuel. good luck with your choise for filters as there are a lot to choose from.
02 F250 PSD xlt auto 4x4 S&B air filter Banks 4" cat delete exhaust Issopro guages overboost eliminater 08 rear diff cover BFG 315/75R/16 ATs
Shermanator

RE: cold air intake

Post by Shermanator »

Your right, there are alot of different makes on the market. The only reason I went with K and N is that I've used them before and the filter cleaning isn't a big deal with them. I too like the tow tune the best, get all kinds of crazy codes with the 85 although it does go like a raped ape!! Never tried the 110, probably for the reasons you found....Sherm
2002 F350 S/C L/B 4 x 4, K & N cold air intake, AFE 4" exhaust T to T, Rancho's all around , Diablo Predator, Auto Meter gauges, custom 4R100 HD