U7164

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

kamtech

U7164

Post by kamtech »

Looking for the the latest crom for the U7164.
I see it should be 9t13g but can't find it on the site.
Did that crom get pulled?
mikel

RE: U7164

Post by mikel »

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?na ... ic&t=28727
Its inthe thread right above this one ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
kamtech

Post by kamtech »

Downloaded the latest but not supported

Here's the Cal ID

8U7A-14C204-CJ
7U7A-14C337-AB
jdryclean

Post by jdryclean »

Here it is more than 4 months since Ford released a recall and Diablo Sport cannot create a program to help us owners of their product. I called in March and told it would be two weeks until an update would be available. Now 3 1/2 months later still no new update for my tuner. This is an unaccpetable situation! I was offered the beta udate 5 weeks ago which did not work. Diablo needs to provide better service than giving the anwer of the update will be soon. Well soon the current owners and future owners of Diablo products will be not buying Diablo products! WE EXPECT A FIX SOON! Please update all us on the progress.
jdryclean

Post by jdryclean »

It has been 2 days since I asked for a progress update and Mike you have not responded. We would like an update!
Surfer44

Post by Surfer44 »

jdryclean wrote:Here it is more than 4 months since Ford released a recall and Diablo Sport cannot create a program to help us owners of their product. I called in March and told it would be two weeks until an update would be available. Now 3 1/2 months later still no new update for my tuner. This is an unaccpetable situation! I was offered the beta udate 5 weeks ago which did not work. Diablo needs to provide better service than giving the anwer of the update will be soon. Well soon the current owners and future owners of Diablo products will be not buying Diablo products! WE EXPECT A FIX SOON! Please update all us on the progress.
Contact Florida State Attorney Generals Office.
They said if they have enough complaints then they will insitute an inquiry.

Mine has been a POS for three years.

Office of Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050
Email Attorney General Pam Bondi

Main office telephone numbers
Switchboard: 850-414-3300

Citizens Services: 850-414-3990
ADA Coordinator: 850-414-3900
Florida Relay/TDD: 800-955-8771
Florida Toll Free: 1-866-966-7226
Fax numbers: Please see link below to find the correct
fax number of the section you are contacting.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW, what a ride!!!
jdryclean

Post by jdryclean »

Surfer44 wrote:
jdryclean wrote:Here it is more than 4 months since Ford released a recall and Diablo Sport cannot create a program to help us owners of their product. I called in March and told it would be two weeks until an update would be available. Now 3 1/2 months later still no new update for my tuner. This is an unaccpetable situation! I was offered the beta udate 5 weeks ago which did not work. Diablo needs to provide better service than giving the anwer of the update will be soon. Well soon the current owners and future owners of Diablo products will be not buying Diablo products! WE EXPECT A FIX SOON! Please update all us on the progress.
Contact Florida State Attorney Generals Office.
They said if they have enough complaints then they will insitute an inquiry.

Mine has been a POS for three years.

Office of Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050
Email Attorney General Pam Bondi

Main office telephone numbers
Switchboard: 850-414-3300

Citizens Services: 850-414-3990
ADA Coordinator: 850-414-3900
Florida Relay/TDD: 800-955-8771
Florida Toll Free: 1-866-966-7226
Fax numbers: Please see link below to find the correct
fax number of the section you are contacting.
Great! Lets get this going! Since Mike has time to reply to other indivual issue posts but not a large group this may be our only option to get someone to act. Anyone know COO Johston's or Chairman Wesley's email address so they might be able to see the real issues going on in the company?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Me posting in here is not getting it done any quicker.

Emailing Mike Wesley is not going to help as he is the one reverse engineering this calibration currently.

I emailed Mike Johnston and Mike Wesley links to this very thread on Wednesday, please dont assume that they do not know what is going on or that they dont care, they want it done as badly as you guys do.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

Mike,

We all hear what you are saying, and most of us understand that this is a difficult process. Honestly, be truthful with yourself, if you were a Predator owner, wouldn't you be pissed? Afterall, if you purchased an semi-expensive laptop or 3d Blu Ray player, and the supporting firmware did not work, would you exchange it, take it back, or call someone asking for relief?

Come on guys, this is not a mystery, and really after the time that has elapsed, this is borderline fraud........your product does not work as advertised.

I am trying to sell my Predator and can't even get the supporting downloads so that I can transfer to the new owner who has been waiting now for 2 months just to buy mine. I am glad he has not come on and read all of these posts, or has tried to get technical support. Sorry, but I am not a "Buyer Beware Sales Guy". I told him I would not sell it to him until I knew it worked.

BTW, I have already purchased a competitive brand, funny thing is, it works like a champ. How are other companies able to have multiple tunes and functunalities with all of the Ford re-flashes that have been put on our trucks? I just plugged it in, downloaded the program, and BAM! It worked. Is there irony here?

Sorry to lose it, and I have maintained my cool, and even spoken with you personally Mike, but this defies reasonable understanding which I believe we have all rendered.

Come on guys!
jdryclean

Post by jdryclean »

Mike, we are not asking you to post a lame response. We have asked for some honest update information. Be the Manager that you are for a consumer product company and give us, your customer a thread of hope that your team knows what they are doing. We are seeking infomation as to the project management and that there is a timeline in place for getting an new download in the near future. If it cannot be done on a timely basis then upper management needs to make a decision as to compensating current owners for a product that does not work. Please post good information when we seek it, not lame respones.
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

Mike,

I emailed the Mikes as well, hope to hear a response from them. You know I looked back to when I first emailed a response to the Ford factory re-flash...........January.....can you believe that? Almost 8 months. Now I have to ask you, wouldn't you be losing your patience by now?

I'm just sayin'

Thanks,

Ray
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes, i do not disagree with your lack of patience on this matter, it is almost as frustrating for me to see you guys upset and not have any way to make it better other than to keep waiting patiently.

I assure you that as soon as I have an update on the new calibrations, I will share it with you guys.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
rayconway

Post by rayconway »

I hear you Mike, not speaking for others as I know there are a lot of pissed off Powerstroke owners, but it helps to know that at minimum the company is aware, and to a degree sympathetic of our plight.

I never did hear from you on how other manufacturer's tuners can work with Ford re-flashes? Do your systems and software work differently? They all work off of calibration ID's right? How is a Predator different with regard to tunes than say SCT, Bullydog, and others?

Thanks,

Ray
mikel

Post by mikel »

SCT apparently did recently just add support for this cal.

Some of the others (spartan for sure) just puts everyone back on an old calibration, they simply do not support whatever is in your truck.
This is a sure way to lose a warranty on a $50K+ truck...
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
p1tater1

Post by p1tater1 »

Any idea as to a time frame? I really would like to get it working on my new truck since it worked flawlessly on my last vehicle. Thanks for any ideas.