Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator Ford Diesel Best crom file for mileage

Best crom file for mileage

Predator support for Ford diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 pm

I have the U7165 with 5 or so crom files and I was wanting to see what you all think is the best file for mileage, I am running the most current and getting 17mpg.

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:38 am
frankl

All will be about the same. I have heard alot of customer say the 65hp tune works best.

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:50 pm

I have a 2006 6.0L with a diablo trinity. It does not have an economy tune built in for some reason...any suggestions? I want the tune with beset fuel economy sio ive been using extreme but Id really like that economy tune. Please help.

ps. I bought the tuner brand new 2 months ago, i dont know how up to date that isupgrade wise.

Post Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:52 pm

The 65hp Economy Performance Tune is what you would use. Unless the name changed. Post the list of names of the available tunes.
Certified Advanced EFI Calibrators for Ford, GM and DCX/Jeep Vehicles.
http://www.tpctuning.com

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:58 pm

I have 9r04, 10, 11, 12, and 14 crom files. I was loading all these crom files thinking they get me where I wanted to be yet I found out I had egr cooler problems, oil cooler and hpop issues and since those have been fixed my truck runs great. I am happy with the 9r14 but I was just curious which crom file was the best.

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Thanks for the tip but should my tuner come with tune or do I need to install it (65hp economy tune) because it is not one of the current options?

Return to Predator Ford Diesel