mikel

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by mikel »

When posting in the Predator or Trinity support forums, please include:
Make, model and year of vehicle
model # of Predator or Trinity
software revision on the Predator or Trinity
specific information relating to any issue or question you may have

This will allow us to assist you more efficiently.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
sam-pt

RE: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by sam-pt »

hello, I am tunning a pt crusier 03, this are the changes I already did: turbo garret T3T4, wasgate generic, cams stage 3, big intercooler, injectors RC 1000 cc3, blow off HKS, stock computer. I have trinity T-1000 I already modify some parameters but I can´t modify gas injection parameters at turning on engine, Am I doing something wrong or I need something else?. I am not so good with english because I live in mexico, if you or somebody else could help me in spanish it would be much easier for me. thank you
lopezhemi5.7

Post by lopezhemi5.7 »

hi i have a just purchase ur diablosport predator for a 04 dodge ram hemi 5.7 i just got the regular 91 tune and i was woundering how can i get in contact with u guys so i can get a custom tune that will benefit my upgrades cai,longtube headers,borla exhaust no cats. thank u
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

DiabloSport doesn't do custom tuning. You need to find a CMR dealer.

And FYI, the lack of cats is costing you serious power. I lost 30hp and 41ft/lbs with the cats missing. Hemis need backpressure and you don't have it.
PRED8TR

Post by PRED8TR »

Whats up people? I own a 2010 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger R/T that I ABSOLUTELY love! So far she is basically stock with the only mod done is an SRT airbox w/ a K&N drop-in air filter, but I do have a "Fastman 85mm Throttle Body" waiting to go in! I recently purchased, through another forum, a Diablosport Predator tuner model U7135. The manual was not included with the unit and I have a "mini" CD and not a clue as to what its for. I also have the update cable and AC adapter. I haven't hookrd it up to the car as of yet, but first I would like to get some kind of direction as to "how to begin" with my "new to me" tuner! I can"t wait to get started. Can I get a little help here? Thanks
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

Just plug the tuner into the OBD port under the dash and follow the directions on the screen. Either install the Diablo tune or the 91 octane tune depending on what gas you're using, 93 or 91 octane. DO NOT install the CAI tune. An SRT box is not a cold air intake and the extra fuel in those tunes will do you no good.
PRED8TR

Post by PRED8TR »

I'm getting smarter, with a little help. I just plugged the 110v adapter into the unit and guess what happened... you got it! The following information was provided; serial#: 7f0061a1, part: u7135u7135, version: v.9r28, hardware: UNIV_REV2. This may require a lengthy answer but is there a "noticable" difference between the Diablo tune and the 91 Octane tune? And thanks for the heads up on the CAI tune. Seeing that I used the SRT airbox, I wasn't sure as to how that would be addressed. Thanks!
PRED8TR

Post by PRED8TR »

Would I be correct in assuming that the CD that I have is for "updates" from Diablo? Do you have any info for the loading procedures for the disc? Can I get this fron the internet?
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

You don't even need the CD. The drivers on there are old. The new drivers are in the DS Downloader section on this site.

The difference between a 91 tune and a 93 tune is about 5hp.
07hemi

Re: RE: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by 07hemi »

Mike_Levy wrote:DiabloSport doesn't do custom tuning. You need to find a CMR dealer.

And FYI, the lack of cats is costing you serious power. I lost 30hp and 41ft/lbs with the cats missing. Hemis need backpressure and you don't have it.
why would you need backpressure? backpressure is bad. ? from everything i have read on any forum i thought you would want to reduce backpressure.
Mike_Levy

Re: RE: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by Mike_Levy »

07hemi wrote:
Mike_Levy wrote:DiabloSport doesn't do custom tuning. You need to find a CMR dealer.

why would you need backpressure? backpressure is bad. ? from everything i have read on any forum i thought you would want to reduce backpressure.
The Hemi needs it. The dyno showed over a 30hp and 40ft/lb loss between high flow cats and no cats on my Jeep SRT8. Without it they don't run right. Its not the first time I've seen it either. I've seen power losses on a couple of GMs with cutouts as well.
Without backpressure, exhaust velocity drops, and when velocity drops, torque production drops. Lower velocity also hurts scavanging and therefore already combusted air/fuel mixture stays in the chambers, letting in less unburned. Less unburned air/fuel mixture means less power potential, since theres less of a bang when it burns.

You gotta find the happy medium. Too much backpressure won't let the burned mixture out either, and becomes a restriction at high rpms.
hemi370

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by hemi370 »

Hello

I recently purchased a used predator from a friend for my 07 300c srt8 with a cold air intake KN filter . The predator info is serial#d002704 , part u7135 u7135 , version v.9r301, hardware unknown, born on 01/12/2012 . my issue is : predator u7135 does not support CALID; 05030377AE . I do not know what i have to do . Tuner is telling me to call 561/908/0040 x1 . it gave me a key #4e7671a9d24d6665b03b . Do i have to update the tuner ? Oh yeah the tuner said it is not married to anything .
I'm new to this forum and tuner need some help . thank you

update: I have it connected to my PC im importing from calibration updater. It was updated successful . it told me to go to car and plug in . I connected to car started to load and finished the load .So i went to performance tune started to load finish loading and said predator does not support calid 0503077AE call the 561 number . what am i missing?
Zjbradley1992

Post by Zjbradley1992 »

hey y'all, can trinity tune for auto to manual tranny swaps?
ogkopus

Post by ogkopus »

Hey I bought a dsp for my 04 srt4 and was wondering if anyone could please help me get more decel popping
Adrianguillen07

Post by Adrianguillen07 »

Hi I just purchased on October 17, 2017 a diablosport predator 2 "7301" and this is going on my 08 Chrysler 300 srt8 and when installing it says engine not supported/ vehicle not supported contact consumer service. Shows 0 files and tune level-stock on ignition updater. I don't know much about this as I am new and I thought maybe I could get help here since it's the weekend
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (753.49 KiB) Viewed 50105 times