Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Diesel Prolems loading up U7180 for the first time

Prolems loading up U7180 for the first time

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Hi Guys,
I have just recieved my new U7180 V.9r07 tuner for my GM 2004 2500HD LB7.
I have removed the fuses as listed in the instruction manual and do everything as listed in the manual but unfortunately have problems as it is loading my standard information.
When i try to install the tunner its gives me an error saying Original back up not saved (-12)
then when i try again it says not tuning vehicle because of back up (3)
I have tried a few times but always the same result. I notice it only loads for about 3 seconds then the instrument cluster and gauges are heard/seen coming to life then the error occurs.
The vehicle does not have any aftermarket add ons, everything is standard including the onstar system which i notice is still on by the lights in the rear vision mirror even after the listed fuses are removed. This vehicle has been converted to right hand drive for use in Australia.
Please help as this is very dissapointing and frustrating especially as i have waited so long to get it and now i cant get it up and running.
Thanks
Craig
Australia

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Hello is anyone there? I would like some help to fix this problem!

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:41 pm

email sent...
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:54 am

Hi Guys,
I have performed the upgrade as you requested but still exact same problem.
This appears to be the exact same problem that jbcox43 is having.

What do we do now?
This is driving me mad.
Craig

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi Guys,
Its 12 months since my last post, my brand new tuner is still sitting in the box unused.
Dont think i will be buying another one.
Craig

Return to Predator GM Diesel