EGR question

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

sapper

EGR question

Post by sapper »

Just throwing this out there, But if I were to tune out the EGR stuff with HPtuners, would I still be able to continue tuning with my predator and the EGR stuff stay off. Or does the Predator overwrite everything and reset the EGR in the stock tuning.

The reason I ask is a friend has HP tuners and can turn off my EGR stuff but I like my Pred. and use it alot. I need to block off my EGR because it's getting pretty nasty and my OA are geeting some higher soot readings.

My truck is a LBZ w/ FE9 emmisions.
mikel

Re: EGR question

Post by mikel »

Yes, that will work.
whatever you flash with hpt will show as the 'stock tune' when you save it with the predator.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
sapper

Post by sapper »

Mikel,
Just to make sure.
So If I return to stock tune, tune with HPT deleting EGR, then I can use Predator from the beginning and it will retain the new EGR settings and I can continue changing tunes and the EGR will stay off. Correct?
If so, I'm liking this idea. I only use the 65 and 85hp tunes. The 120 very seldomly when I want to get stupid.
mikel

Post by mikel »

sapper wrote:Mikel,
Just to make sure.
So If I return to stock tune, tune with HPT deleting EGR, then I can use Predator from the beginning and it will retain the new EGR settings and I can continue changing tunes and the EGR will stay off. Correct?
If so, I'm liking this idea. I only use the 65 and 85hp tunes. The 120 very seldomly when I want to get stupid.
correct :)

BTW, that 120 tune can yield some awesome mileage around town if you can keep your foot out of it, and I see 24 MPG on the highway with our LLY and that tune ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
sapper

Post by sapper »

Yes it does. I see about 19 city 23 highway in the summer. But when it's cold and high idle kicks in, sucks about 5 gallons in 5 minutes warming up. But I have to limit myself on the level of stupid. I really don't need to pay for a new tranny right now.

Thanks for the great support Mikel.