Board index (Legacy) Predator Technical Discussion Predator GM Diesel 06 duramax predator problems

06 duramax predator problems

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:44 pm

I have a 06 Chevy with a 6.6 duramax. I have had the predator tuner installed for about 3 weeks and this morning attempted to change the tune from towing to 85 hp. The install went as normal until the end when it told me to turn the key off on then back on at which time it said the tune was not installed. It then told me to reboot the tool and then to reinstall the original program which I tried and came up with a message saying that it couldn't be installed. Now the truck has all normal functions except ill will not crank or turn over, dead when you turn the key. Any suggestions?

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 am
garrett User avatar
Site Admin

are there any aftermarket electronics, such as radio/trailerbrake/amplifier, on the vehicle? If so, be sure to remove them completely before trying to install the factory tune again.

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:07 am

it does not have any. the tuner is saying Unit 1: error unlock for reflash (1). it a predator U7186

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:46 am
garrett User avatar
Site Admin

please give us a call with the tool powered up in the truck to further assist you.

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:48 pm

I sent the unit along with the ECM to y'all. It was delivered Monday morning. I have emailed and called with no response . Could it be possible to get a status on RMA # 18447. Your customer service has been great I just can't get anyone to answer the phone. Thanks.
[quote][/quote]

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:06 am
garrett User avatar
Site Admin

Please send an email to Rmastatus at diablosport.com for a status on your computer.

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Would like to give out a big Thank You for your help in solving this problem. Your customer service is incredible! Thanks again.

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:34 am

glad we could help.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:35 am

Poach 07 wrote:
I have a 06 Chevy with a 6.6 duramax. I have had the predator tuner installed for about 3 weeks and this morning attempted to change the tune from towing to 85 hp. The install went as normal until the end when it told me to turn the key off on then back on at which time it said the tune was not installed. It then told me to reboot the tool and then to reinstall the original program which I tried and came up with a message saying that it couldn't be installed. Now the truck has all normal functions except ill will not crank or turn over, dead when you turn the key. Any suggestions?

Thia is basicly whats going on with me :( please help please ? Ill do what ever is needed:( Mine has all functions still working properly other then it won't Krank Nor will it start And it will not allow me to put it soon on
[color=#FF4000][size=150][b][b][/b][/b][/size][/color]

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Please any help ??? Hello please ??
[color=#FF4000][size=150][b][b][/b][/b][/size][/color]

Return to Predator GM Diesel