U7180 locked and receipt misplaced...

Predator support for GM diesel vehicles

Moderator: mikel

reyb

U7180 locked and receipt misplaced...

Post by reyb »

So, I recently had my ECM replaced in my truck and now I'm unable to use my Predator due to it being locked to the original ECM. I've misplaced my receipt so I'm wondering if I'm S.O.L. Anyone been in this position? I suppose I should just call tech support, but it would be nice to know that others have been in this situation and had things resolved without having to pay.

Thanks,

Rey
mikel

RE: U7180 locked and receipt misplaced...

Post by mikel »

Can you contact the dealer you got the tool from, to see if they could provide a copy of the reciept?
If you paid with a credit card, you could likely find a reciept from them.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
hayoda

new ECM

Post by hayoda »

I had problems with my 2005 LLY sticking in fourth gear when passing on the highway. I kept getting a TCM fault. I took it in to the dealership since it is under warranty and they cleared the code. I had to do this three times. Then one day I installed the tow tune and my programmer starting identifying some crazy errors...script error, invalid format, etc... Needless to say may truck would not start so I had it towed to the dealership. The dealership said the ECM was fried and they put a new one (didn't tell them about the programmer due to fear of voiding my warranty) for me so I am now in your situation and trying get a hold of the tech guys about getting my programmer running again. By the way, what caused your ECM failure?

I'm a little worried about uploading the programmer to my truck again. If something happens again I'm sure the dealership will start asking questions.