Frank and Lew's GM Log Analyzer Available!

Questions and comments regarding the DiabloSport data logging tools.

Moderator: mikel

Egoresb

Re: Frank and Lew's GM Log Analyzer Available!

Post by Egoresb »

well that was an easy fix.. I had the wrong program downloaded for the windows on this computer...good one. now I just have to figure out how to get the afr equivalence ratio pid... this is a sweet tool. cant wait until I can figure it all completely out.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you won't have the AFR parameter on your old 2001 truck...

but you can still use dslogredux for the part-throttle LTFT recommendations no problem... as long as you log the rest of the required parameters...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Egoresb

Post by Egoresb »

it actually does have the afr paremeter. and a lot more parameters I didn't even know existed on a 2001. but I only did a quick datalog earlier maybe 5-10 minutes on my way to work. I was thinking it was goin to tell me to add fuel but instead it came back with -12%. but I just changed my plugs recently and from what my plugs looked like im running lean already.

truck wasn't fully warmed up yet when I started logging probably had a lot to do with it and not enough time running so ill try it again. take a trip down the interstate and do it right before I change anything. still new to the electronic tuning doing a lot of reading and learning. but this is a very very neat and helpful tool. will be making a donation soon :twisted:
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

that -12 adjustment it's suggesting is for the injector slope parameter.. when you go negative on injector slope, it makes you richer because it tells the injectors to spray more fuel... it's not making you leaner.. going positive on slope makes you leaner...

and that's a big adjustment... have any air leaks anywhere??? for an adjustment that big, I would suggest getting a custom tune done so the MAF sensor table can be re-scaled instead of changing the injectors that much....

and when logging, you always need to make sure the vehicle is fully up to normal operating temps first, and that you've gotten at least about 150 miles put on the truck since you last installed a tune to it...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Egoresb

Post by Egoresb »

oh ok I was just thinking of it backwards lmao. what could possibly have a leak to throw it off that far? I just changed my intake manifold and gasket. had a bad knock sensor while I was there had to change most of that and noticed the intake was cracked. all new gaskets went in when I put the injectors back together and everything checked out. had a bad intake pressure at first but I forgot to plug in the sensor. once I plugged it back the pressure was corrected.

I do have a sprectre intake tube on it with a custom ordered k&n filter hooked up to it.(noticibaly bigger than one that comes with a kit) with 2.5 inch dual pipes coming out the back. could that be a cause of running so lean? my afr is picking up a 12.3 something something mixture which is on the leaner side.

I did -5% for now on the injector slope just to see what happens. im not completely sure about doing the custom tune yet. this is my daily driver for now but I plan on purchasing a new truck very soon that ill get the custom tune done too. and this old thing will be getting major facelift
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

intake manifold could still have leaks.. get it smoke-tested....

the cold air intake setup you have could have an air leak...

any headers or exhaust work? could have air leaks there... etc etc...

gotta make sure all bolts/clamps are TIGHT on everything so no air leaks anywhere...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Egoresb

Post by Egoresb »

Still have the factory headers and cats. I tig welded my duals on and flowmaster muffler. And I did the cigar smoke test. Worked well in the past and no leaks. I have a couple small oil leaks nothing extravagant. But it's not pulling air. Basically 200k miles of minor seeping on the valve covers. Head gasket checked good. Egr system seems fine.
I was told my pipes were oversized before not putting enough back pressure. That's the only thing I can tell as of right now.
However I did notice slight slack in my brakes maybe my brake booster going out. I know that works off intake vacuum.
Also have abs light on due to a bad abs control module. Working on getting one rebuilt as we speak. Could that be throwing it off?
Ill_Born_SS

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

An oil leak is a vacuum leak! Put a common vacuum gauge on it at idle it wont lie. Bet you cant read it due to fluctuations, from valve seals and such.
Only one thing to say about my "Diablew" Tune!
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
Egoresb

Post by Egoresb »

Good point a oil leak is a vacuum leak but how would that throw my afr off from a valve cover leaking ever so little? I know it might be possible on the newer engines because there's a hose running from the throttle body to the valve cover but not on this old truck. As far as oil consumption/loss through valve cover leaking it might be a capful at best. Not saying that isn't the problem.

Also could a 02 sensor be going out? I got this truck used about 6 years ago and he left no record of changing them and I never changed any. But if that were the case it shouldnt it be throwing a code?
Ill_Born_SS

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Egoresb wrote:Good point a oil leak is a vacuum leak but how would that throw my afr off from a valve cover leaking ever so little? I know it might be possible on the newer engines because there's a hose running from the throttle body to the valve cover but not on this old truck. As far as oil consumption/loss through valve cover leaking it might be a capful at best. Not saying that isn't the problem.
True enough but the stems can

Also could a 02 sensor be going out? I got this truck used about 6 years ago and he left no record of changing them and I never changed any. But if that were the case it shouldnt it be throwing a code?
use you tuner to monitor the them live, my rule of thumb replace every 80000 miles needed or not
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
Egoresb

Post by Egoresb »

Good point. Well I'm off to the part store. Ill just go ahead and change out the valve cover gaskets and grommets to be sure along with the o2 sensors. Then do some more datalogging.

Surely appreciate the help and advice. Can't wait to see how much more my fuel economy and performance gains will be with it all dialed in.

Also one more simple question I'm doing all this with the diablo tune and 93 octane fuel. Will the dslogredux work the same with the 87 octane tune and fuel or is it completly different ballgame?
Ill_Born_SS

Post by Ill_Born_SS »

Yes it will work the same even with 87.
just a side note the year truck is from when gas was gas kind of, if you really want to seea mileage improvement put a set of NGK iridium's 1 step colder.... it will make your day!(no antiseize)
" Just Friggin Wicked"
Now with TCM support...
Egoresb

Post by Egoresb »

Hmm I believe I'm almost due for new plugs in the next 10k miles or so ill try that out. I heard of it before might actually try it next go around.
And as for as gas there's only 2 places that sell fuel with no ethanol periodaround here in south louisiana.Truck runs way better on that I noticed so I've been tanking there as much as possible. It's a chevron based company any other fuel with ethanol or not seems to run funky so I do my best to stay with chevron.
lords2112

Post by lords2112 »

I know this is a old post for many..
Is this program still in affect and work for the i3 .
The link is dead on it... Just something to look at i guess...
2008 Chrysler 300c 5.7 hemi... All stock except a CAI. Looking into spending the future with diablo..) :drivingbad: :blowup: :evil_angel:
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

No it is no longer available, it's long dead and gone... and it wouldn't work for your chrysler/ford logs anyway... it was only for GM vehicle logs...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune