u7135 No Communication

Questions and comments specific to the DiabloSport Downloader application.

Moderator: mikel

08magnumRT

RE: Re: RE: u7135 No Communication

Post by 08magnumRT »

Update: Forgot to say I am using DSDL version 2.2.1.9 and a Prolific usb-to-serial with driver version 3.3.11.152.
jimb

Post by jimb »

Did you give DSDL Admin rights?
08magnumRT

Post by 08magnumRT »

Aye, and tried several compatability settings.
08magnumRT

Post by 08magnumRT »

So, I gave up and bought another usb-to-serial adapter and worked immediately. Seems the failure rate of your cable is fairly high (judging from these and other forums). Diablosport may want to consider moving to a higher quality com cable, especially since your programmer is lauded all over the internet as the best for my application. Now I'm nearly $500 into this (after purchasing another adapter) and am now wishing I had gone with a Trinity for just a bit more. So this is my recommendation for all those dead set on the Predator...don't get the U7778, just get your own usb-to-serial and A/C adapter from Radioshack and save yourself from the headache.

Edit: I would like to add that I do appreciate your efforts in online tech support, and I understand how difficult it can be to diagnose a problem w/o first hand knowledge of the issues...thx y'all.
Burntclutches

Re: u7135 No Communication

Post by Burntclutches »

Very disappointed with the effort required to make this programmer (U7135) work properly. Provided cable and PL drivers are more worthless than screen door on a submarine - 40.00 belkin USB to Serial adapter and no joy - You can bet this will be my last purchase :(
mikel

Post by mikel »

very rare to see anyone having this much of an issue, feel free to call and our guys will remote in and do it for you if needed.

We have recommended against using Belkin for years, they seem to be more issues prone than others.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
24fan4life

Post by 24fan4life »

I tried all of the drivers shown throughout this site, and nothing worked. I finally found an answer on Microsoft's official site. If you're still getting the, This device cannot start. (Code 10), error in your device manager, check to see which revision you have.

In device manager go to Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port, right click it, select properties, in the details tab select Hardware Ids, and check your hardware revision number. If it shows up as USB\VID_067B&PID_2303&REV_0300, you'll need Prolific driver version 3.3.2.105.

I found the correct driver in the PL2303_Prolific_GPS_AllInOne_1013 installer found following this link:

http://currentcost.com/download/win_drivers.zip

When you enter the link, it will automatically start a download, you're going to want to save this file. Once saved, click extract all for the zip file, make sure any previously installed driver software is uninstalled in your program list, and run PL2303_Prolific_GPS_AllInOne_1013 from where you extracted the win-drivers folder to. Once installed you're going to have to update the driver manually, because your computer is still going to install the newest driver when you plug your Predator into your computer. You'll have to select Update Driver in the device manager, select Browse my computer for driver software, and then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. It will show a list of all the Prolific drivers that you've previously installed on your computer, and there you select the 3.3.2.105 driver.

Hopefully my directions were clear enough, but if not, don't be afraid to contact me.

Sorry for digging up an old post, but it's what best fit my problem when searching here.