DS Downloader can't find tool

Questions and comments specific to the DiabloSport Downloader application.

Moderator: mikel

blackflme

DS Downloader can't find tool

Post by blackflme »

I'm running Window 7 64bit with the U7778 PC interface and a U7134 DSP. At first I installed the drivers that came with U7778 and when plugging the tool in windows said the driver was not successful installed and the device manager had a yellow icon by my device. I then tried another driver from cooldrivers.com that people said had been working. Installed that and restarted. Now everytime I plug the tool in through the USB to serial I no longer get a yellow icon or anything saying that an install failed. However, DS Downloader still can't connect to the tool. Any ideas? This is only my second time using this cable and I remember a while back I had issues before. Any help will be much appreciated.
06MonteSS

Re: DS Downloader can't find tool

Post by 06MonteSS »

in control panel, device drivers.. make sure the settings for the usb cable are correct.. com port set to 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.. and bits per second set to 115200...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
lu4ano

Post by lu4ano »

hi

I'm running Windows XP and Windowes 8 with the U7137 (Predator)
problem of installed drivers and the U7137 is not recognized
when you run the installer can not connect to Predator U7137

What to do?
blackflme

Post by blackflme »

The USB settings are correct.

Edit: I've also tried running DS downloader in windows XP service pack 2 and 3 compatibility mode with no luck. I noticed a lot of people were replacing their USB to Serial cables with good results, but that didn't work for me either.
blackflme

Post by blackflme »

PROBLEM FIXED

So I installed the drivers that were included with the new usb to serial cable. I went to device manager and noticed that there was a yellow icon on the device once again. I right clicked the device and clicked the update drivers button and windows said it successfully updated them. Restarted my computer and it found my tool.
mikel

Post by mikel »

:)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com