Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

sohfast94

Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Post by sohfast94 »

For all intents and purposes there should be no reason to change any of them unless you've changed something on the car that we haven't already made a tune for. Also the advanced parameters have been optimized by us on the dyno when developing the canned tunes so if you have a mainly stock car you shouldn't need to be adjusting these unless for personal preference etc... Otherwise the advanced functions are best left alone unless you have modificationss above and beyond what the tunes in the tool were designed for or you are on a dyno with your tuner.

Now, onto the options.

Normal Functions:

Axle ratio - Different gears sizes for speedo adjustments
Tire rev per mile - Tire size adjustment for speedo
Drive and neutral target idle speed
Speed Limiter - Even though the tunes ahve this raised if you want to go off the charts then you can turn it on or off

Advanced Functions:

The Fuel Table 2-4K and 4-7K is the WOT target AFR adjustable throughout the RPM range
Spark advance 2-4K and 4-7K is the WOT Target timing adjustable throughout the RPM range
Global spark adder globally adds or removes timing from all timing tables (normally good for smal adjustments 1-3 deg +/-)
MAF curve param is a static adjustment to the entire airflow curve for MAF adjustments for different housings than is supported
Intake/Exhaust vlave closing and opening 1-2K and 3-7K - as you know the 5 liters have variable camshafts that move independantly of each other throughout the power band in real time these functions can modify what we currently have set in the tune or the stock tune. These functions require a dyno and should only be adjusted by your tuner or someone who has experience with them.

Rev Limits The new Mustangs, F150s, Raptors etc... Have multiple rev limiters anywhere from 4-7 of them varying from individual gears, neutral, Stage 3 (Last resort) and temperature so here they are:
Rev limit N - Neutral limiter vehicle either no in motion or in neutral limiter normally set around 4K ish rpm
Rev Limit S3 - This is the overall limiter kind of like the last resort if nothing else has worked this thing will cyclically kill the injectors and coils to stop the engine no matter what.
Soft limiters 1-5 are gear based especially in the mustangs they're set the same in tunes and maximizied to what was found on the dyno as with all of them.

Automatic Transmission only:

Part Throttle shift points - Adjusts part throttle shifting
WOT Shift RPM - Adjusts the shift RPM at WOT (provided they do not exceed the rev limiters)
Shift firmness - Global line pressure adjustments for transmission shifting
Insert Clever comment here...

Please do not PM me as I rarely see the notifications.
mikel

Re: Explanation of adjustable parameters on 11-up Ford

Post by mikel »

Very nice!
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

I'm not seeing the MAF CURVE Pram on my tuner. Ford F150. It was there when I was tuning my 2008 F150 but for my 2012 Ecoboost I dont see it. ????
I only see the WOT adjustment.

Also If I wanted the part throttle shift points to be later... I'd move the arrow to the right correct?
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

chenko24 wrote:I'm not seeing the MAF CURVE Pram on my tuner. Ford F150. It was there when I was tuning my 2008 F150 but for my 2012 Ecoboost I dont see it. ????
I only see the WOT adjustment.

Also If I wanted the part throttle shift points to be later... I'd move the arrow to the right correct?

the ecoboost does not have a maf. it is entirely speed density :mrgreen:
chenko24

Post by chenko24 »

Ok thanks
DrmThmpr

Post by DrmThmpr »

2016 Mustang GT. So to trim timing out for a n2o hit say 100 shot, do I have to adjust the WOT 2k-4k, 4k-7k and the global timing adjustment or just the WOT? I'm thinking 2-4 degrees then watch for knock? Please advise...