T1000 and corrupt VIN

Post questions about your Trinity for a Ford vehicle here.

Moderators: mikel, sohfast94

K0uch

T1000 and corrupt VIN

Post by K0uch »

So, long story short- a few year’s ago, I was given a Trinity T1000 as a gift. Loaded the tunes, absolutely love them. After a week, I noticed the tuner would kill my battery overnight. I caught it randomly turning on one evening, truck being locked and keys not in the ignition. The next day I tried to switch tunes, and got a “corrupt or blank VIN” warning. Not that big of a deal, I called tech support and got it reset. Loaded the mpg booster tune and unplugged the tuner, and put it in my center console.

A month later I had to tow, so I tried to low the tow tune... corrupt VIN message again. I just kind of left it at that, but I’ll be towing again soon and as much as I’d like to get the tuner reset, I’d REALLY like a solution to the issue. I tried to call into tech support today, was on hold for an hour before I had to return to work. Not knocking them at all, I know they’re busy.

I notice there’s a memory card slot on the side of the T1000. I have a backup copy of my trucks original tune, could I load it to an SD card, insert that into the tuner and use it to restore my factory calibration? I need to reprogram my pcm and don’t want to lose the tube completely, and honestly it’s a hassle to have to call in and wait an hour for an unlock code to change the tune.

Thanks
mikel

Re: T1000 and corrupt VIN

Post by mikel »

what vehicle is this?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
K0uch

Post by K0uch »

mikel wrote:what vehicle is this?

2011 f150 Ecoboost
mikel

Post by mikel »

give us a call with the device powered up inthe truck and we should be able to get it to return to stock.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com