2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Ford2Ram

2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi

Post by Ford2Ram »

Hello there. I am one of the many people who "misinterpreted" the 2011+ tuning capabilities. So like many others I bought the T1000 in anticipation for all the great functions the tool offers. My question is this, what is the time frame on the release of the updates for the 2012 Ram? Also, before the updates are available, is there a way we can at least use the gauges and drag tree functions? I think many people would be happy with at least those functions. It's a bit frustrating to have this thing in my hands and not be able to use it at all!!
Also, I spoke with somebody at the DiabloSport office. He was less than nice or helpful. He said his guess would be a six month time frame on the release of the update. I have a feeling he was just being mean. I understand you guys have probably had a ton of people yelling at you, but I was totally nice to this person and he was very unprofessional. I spent over $500 on one of your products, and to have a person with ZERO customer service savvy really didn't make me happy about my purchase.
So my two questions above were,
1) what time frame is the company shooting for to release the 2012 updates.
&
2) is there a way you guys can make it so we can use the the functions that aren't tuning?? Just a little taste of what these babies can do!!
Thank you for your time.
Dan
Ford2Ram

Re: 2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi

Post by Ford2Ram »

Any DS employees that can give me something? Anything? It's soooo hard having this beautiful tuner just sitting in my closet.
:-(
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

There aren't many employees working. A large portion of the staff is at SEMA this week.
Xtreme386

Post by Xtreme386 »

I purchased a 2011 Ram Big Horn last year and it was killing me that I couldn't get it tuned. Two months ago I was at the dealership for a warranty issue and I saw a sick 2012 Laramie Longhorn so I bought it and traded in my '11. Man I wish I hadn't done that, with my luck I'll be waiting another year and a half with no tune. The worst thing is my '12 Ram seems slower than my '11 and I have JBA Shorties on the new one. Is it just a matter of getting staff back from SEMA to do a few tests for the '12 tuning or are there some other ongoing issues?
2016 Ram Sport. Black with black out package. Anti Spin diff, 3.92 gears, factory air ride, Magnaflow 18" muffler, Billet Catch Can, S&B Intake, Moe's 87MM in the process and awaiting PCM reflash for Hemifever Tune.
Ford2Ram

Post by Ford2Ram »

From what I understand, and it's basically forum discussion, but with the different tranny they have more work to do. I haven't been able to get ANY answers at all! A little bit of info would go a long way with those of us that bought these tuners based on the 2011+ teasers they threw out!!
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

I think they may release engine support in the mean time while they work on the new 6 speed (68RE?). They had just PCM support for years, so doing it again wouldn't be a big deal.
Xtreme386

Post by Xtreme386 »

There was one more thing that I forgot to ask. Why don't you guys do a 89 Octane tune?? We have 87, 89, 91 and 94 Octane here and my manual recommends 89.
2016 Ram Sport. Black with black out package. Anti Spin diff, 3.92 gears, factory air ride, Magnaflow 18" muffler, Billet Catch Can, S&B Intake, Moe's 87MM in the process and awaiting PCM reflash for Hemifever Tune.
Ford2Ram

Post by Ford2Ram »

Yeah! Like I said, even just being able to hook the damn thing up to use the gauges n drag tree would be great. That way I would have something more than a $500 paper weight!! I don't see why that would so difficult if they have what they need to at least communicate with the vehicle. Please DiabloSport, give us SOMETHING. PLEASE!!!
:-)
Unfairkickazz93

Post by Unfairkickazz93 »

Ford2Ram wrote:Yeah! Like I said, even just being able to hook the damn thing up to use the gauges n drag tree would be great. That way I would have something more than a $500 paper weight!! I don't see why that would so difficult if they have what they need to at least communicate with the vehicle. Please DiabloSport, give us SOMETHING. PLEASE!!!
:-)
This would be great!
Mike_Levy

Post by Mike_Levy »

The gauges don't work? You don't need to install a tune to use them, so I don't see why not. I've used them on cars that aren't supported. :?:
redlightmike

Post by redlightmike »

I plugged mine in and couldn't get any of the gushes to work
Ford2Ram

Post by Ford2Ram »

Mike_Levy wrote:The gauges don't work? You don't need to install a tune to use them, so I don't see why not. I've used them on cars that aren't supported. :?:
Did you just plug it in?? I plugged it into my computer and the very first question was what year vehicle. I didn't even try to plug it into the truck yet. Please explain, and THANKS!!
Vas@Diablosport

Post by Vas@Diablosport »

Ford2Ram wrote:Hello there. I am one of the many people who "misinterpreted" the 2011+ tuning capabilities. So like many others I bought the T1000 in anticipation for all the great functions the tool offers. My question is this, what is the time frame on the release of the updates for the 2012 Ram? Also, before the updates are available, is there a way we can at least use the gauges and drag tree functions? I think many people would be happy with at least those functions. It's a bit frustrating to have this thing in my hands and not be able to use it at all!!
Also, I spoke with somebody at the DiabloSport office. He was less than nice or helpful. He said his guess would be a six month time frame on the release of the update. I have a feeling he was just being mean. I understand you guys have probably had a ton of people yelling at you, but I was totally nice to this person and he was very unprofessional. I spent over $500 on one of your products, and to have a person with ZERO customer service savvy really didn't make me happy about my purchase.
&
2) is there a way you guys can make it so we can use the the functions that aren't tuning?? Just a little taste of what these babies can do!!
Thank you for your time.
Dan
We have not been given a time frame from our tuning department so any answer we would have given you would have been a guess. My understanding is that Mike told you this and you insisted that he give you an answer, even if the answer was a guess, so he guessed. Mike is an asset to this company and truthfully did not have an answer for your question.

To answer your questions, we still do not have a release date for 2012 but that may change next week when the rest of our staff returns from SEMA. I'm not 100% certain that the virtual drag strip or virtual gauges will work on your 2012 as we simply haven't gotten that far in testing for your specific vehicle. It doesn't hurt to select a 2011 Ram in the vehicle drop down, just to allow the tool to get to the main menu so that you can try to use the previously mentioned features.
No, i don't work here.
Vas@Diablosport

Post by Vas@Diablosport »

Xtreme386 wrote:There was one more thing that I forgot to ask. Why don't you guys do a 89 Octane tune?? We have 87, 89, 91 and 94 Octane here and my manual recommends 89.
Either way, our 87 tune has more power and better fuel savings than the factory 89 tune, but if you wish to utilize 89 octane fuel in your vehicle, you can simply add 2 degrees of ignition timing to the 87 octane tune and fill her up with 89 octane fuel for added power.
No, i don't work here.
Ford2Ram

Post by Ford2Ram »

Vas@Diablosport wrote:
Ford2Ram wrote:Hello there. I am one of the many people who "misinterpreted" the 2011+ tuning capabilities. So like many others I bought the T1000 in anticipation for all the great functions the tool offers. My question is this, what is the time frame on the release of the updates for the 2012 Ram? Also, before the updates are available, is there a way we can at least use the gauges and drag tree functions? I think many people would be happy with at least those functions. It's a bit frustrating to have this thing in my hands and not be able to use it at all!!
&
Thank you for your time.
Dan
We have not been given a time frame from our tuning department so any answer we would have given you would have been a guess. My understanding is that Mike told you this and you insisted that he give you an answer, even if the answer was a guess, so he guessed. Mike is an asset to this company and truthfully did not have an answer for your question.

To answer your questions, we still do not have a release date for 2012 but that may change next week when the rest of our staff returns from SEMA. I'm not 100% certain that the virtual drag strip or virtual gauges will work on your 2012 as we simply haven't gotten that far in testing for your specific vehicle. It doesn't hurt to select a 2011 Ram in the vehicle drop down, just to allow the tool to get to the main menu so that you can try to use the previously mentioned features.
Thank you for your reply. Insisting he give me an answer sounds like I was being pushy, which I was not. I simply said that I would live to hear a best guess rather than nothing at all. I was also very courteous throughout the entire call, because like I said, I'm sure you guys have had enough people being rude when it's not one persons fault. I'm sure you're all working as hard as you can do get this done.
So selecting the 2011 button upon setup won't mess anything up? I will be able to change it back when the tunes are available? Again, thank you for the reply!!
Dan