3.6 Challenger Tuner

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

cq842000

Re: 3.6 Challenger Tuner

Post by cq842000 »

mikel wrote:
maine54 wrote:Just curious, How did you guys due the Wrangler Pentastars and not be able to due the Challenger/Chargers?
why would you assume we can't do them?

No offense, but I have answered this a few times already, in great detail :)
So when you do release tuning, what are the feature set differences between the intune and the trinity? If at all possible I would like to know before next month, So far as I can tell the Trinity has what seem to be track features. Does the Intune have data logging capabilities or live view PID functions? Can both the Trinity and the intune change features of the tune on the fly or does the process require a full flash every time? Thanks in advance.
mikel

Post by mikel »

both are flash tools.

both have same tuning capabilities.

trinity adds on screen logging/monitoring, and the virtual dragstrip :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Flash_jp

Post by Flash_jp »

Oh man there is alot of hate on here. LOL. Everyone needs to chill out. V6 challenger is not a woman's car. Its a budget car that is a daily driver for college students like me. I worked my butt off to pay for that car and the last thing I need is someone telling me only women and kids drive it. I get it im 18 and a kid to some people but I had to work hard to get it and I love it and the last thing I need is some rich dude or people telling me that I should have bought the R/T or SRT8....do you think I wouldn't have if I could afford it? I would buy one in a heartbeat hands down. But I bought what I could afford. As for Diablo..I am a little irritated about the tune coming out for the Jeep first but hey its all good. Good things happen for people who wait. However patience is not one of my virtues. Don't really have a choice though do we? you can either trade in and buy up to the R/T or you can sit and let Diablo do their job. Hope it comes out soon! I am already keeping some money on the side for it because I plan on buying it the day it is available. Some people think it is a waist of money blah blah blah whatever let me spend my money the way I want to spend it. Let me have fun with my car. I am lucky I actually have money to spend on it because I have my school paid for through Scholarships. I don't want to ever get rid of it either haha I plan on buying the R/T and then maybe even an SRT8 down the road and having all three! Love dodge and if you hate dodge or whatever I really don't care to hear about it. Im sure someone will have a problem with this post judging by the last few pages of post in this forum.

Anyways..

:twisted: Diablo haha please hurry. Not trying to be rude but I assure you that you may have alot more people than you think ready to jump on this. I promise you I will buy it the day it becomes available! DON'T Rush it though. QUALITY please haha no reason to Rush just don't leave us out to dry lol. Waiting for a while. Cant imagine how people feel waiting for a year or longer. :mrgreen:
rube21

Post by rube21 »

Look.. I have read most comments on this.. I have asked the same question of why they haven't come out with a tune yet for eiyher the 2012 charger SE ..which I own.. or the 2012 challey.. and you guys say its not important.. ahoot even my 2007 charger was tuned and it really opened up the performance. . See I agree with them complaining about DS not really caring about the V6 class.. Ive never heard of a company not willing to put out a good product for the masses.. BTW.. Ive been to San Antonio Raceway several times.. and Ive never seen the new V6 stang or camaro there either.. and I have called them out to come race..
You say its not worth it.. but Im as far as I can go.. Im runing a CAI.. flowmaster exhaust... and ported throttle body
cq842000

Post by cq842000 »

rube21 wrote:Look.. I have read most comments on this.. I have asked the same question of why they haven't come out with a tune yet for eiyher the 2012 charger SE ..which I own.. or the 2012 challey.. and you guys say its not important.. ahoot even my 2007 charger was tuned and it really opened up the performance. . See I agree with them complaining about DS not really caring about the V6 class.. Ive never heard of a company not willing to put out a good product for the masses.. BTW.. Ive been to San Antonio Raceway several times.. and Ive never seen the new V6 stang or camaro there either.. and I have called them out to come race..
You say its not worth it.. but Im as far as I can go.. Im runing a CAI.. flowmaster exhaust... and ported throttle body
The situation has changed and the '12 v6 challenger is being tuned by DiabloSport. The Charger is likely the next candidate for tuning support. Rock on DiabloSport, rock on.
charged8spd

Post by charged8spd »

Ive been waiting for a tuner for my charger since I bought it. I traded in my 420 hp ram for the 8spd V6 the second I found one I liked. Our Jeep GC has the same engine and we absolutely love it. Nothing bad about a 300 hp v6.

For all the nea sayers that believe you have to have 500 hp or more to be fast..... please watch this video (http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/usmc1 ... 0.mp4.html). 545 hp, 968 ft lb Cummins vs my STOCK V6 8 spd.
I lost 3 car lengths from the boosted 4wd launch, but passed him at 60 mph and hit the brakes at 110. The 8 speed ZF is the money to these cars and I cant wait to unlock its full potential!
I now have a CAI which countered for his new injectors, but hes going with a bigger turbo so I need tuning! please!

DS, please get this to market asap.
b1ackjack

Post by b1ackjack »

Well their working on it :-) Now it's the waiting game.
charged8spd

Post by charged8spd »

Does anyone know if the tuning released today for the V6 has variable perimeters for the 8 speed or any changeable options at all, mainly TM limitations?

I will be placing an order shortly......

:wink: turbo 8speed is callin my name...
mikel

Post by mikel »

No 8 speed support yet, it has its own TCM which we'll have to work on getting into eventually ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
AvengerSE36

Post by AvengerSE36 »

Any news on the 3.6 avenger/200 tune or if were getting one to just keep our hopes up to just be let down? LOL
sharkcohen

Post by sharkcohen »

mikel wrote:No 8 speed support yet, it has its own TCM which we'll have to work on getting into eventually ;)
Patiently waiting ;)
SumDuDeViper

Post by SumDuDeViper »

I get a big kick out of forum people demanding things be released, and somehow they are the only important people on the planet. Reminds me of everyday life and the arrogance of people because Mommy said they were special all their lives lol.

I have faith in Diablo Sport to engineer their way into the encrypted systems of cars today. It's phenominal the amount of PC driven vehicles they support. While I was 15 when I cracked the 1st encryption I encountered (that was 1985 btw) but it wasnt for cars, it was for a game. The point is the will to adapt to what you want, or patiently wait for others to tackle it for you.

I guess if someone isn't satisfied with someone else already working on, decrypting, monitoring real life engine performance, and adapting it for someone they will never see, but have to keep the car from blowing up; then the impatient Lads should Man Up, take a Computer Information System course or 2 or 3, hop on down to the Trade School for car engine performance engineering, and try it out themselves. And when they realize they aint got the marbles up top to understand it all, they should just remember Patience is a Virtue, and quit whining someone else isn't working hard enough, fast enough, for their desires.

Sure this thread spanned many days, but the attitudes here are oh so similar to many upon many threads elsewhere. "blaming diablosport" they cant have what they want "right now", because they want it now. I chuckled about the poster complaining because he got beat by 3 car lengths, and its DiabloSport's fault. lmfao.

DiabloSport lists all they can for the multitude of vehicles supported. I waited patiently for my 2012 Challenger until it was listed. But I sure didn't biach at them for not going fast enough for my liking.

DiabloSport guy's and gal's (if so): Keep up the good work. You all have cracked codes that most others can't comprehend.

And as one guy (who many seem to hate for the attitude he exudes) said: there is a reason Chrysler encrypted the codes. They are a business too, and add in Government oversight of everything all of them do (even beyond Chrysler). With the litigation happy generations of late (usually the impatient whiners from Mommy saying they are special, and the only special person on the planet), I can easily see some person jacking settings around, whacking out the engine, and blaming the car manufacturer it was their fault. Nevermind the accountability of ones own actions. But that seems to be a problem in society too.

Rock on DiabloSport....rock on