Grand Cherokee 3.6L Transmission Support?

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

brandondmorris

Grand Cherokee 3.6L Transmission Support?

Post by brandondmorris »

Hi, All.

I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 with 3.6L - Looks like Diablo isn't yet supporting transmission tuning. This is KILLING me as this (IMO) seems to be a major weak point of my truck. Shifts up too soon, stays in 5th til Im nearly at a stop etc, just not doing what I think it should basically.

Any word as to when or if this will be supported? If there's no support in the works, I think I may ditch the Diablo and go to an HP since it does seem to have tranny control.

Thanks in advance!
mikel

Re: Grand Cherokee 3.6L Transmission Support?

Post by mikel »

which trans is in that truck?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
brandondmorris

Post by brandondmorris »

5 speed automatic - Im still looking for the model number now...Will update when I find it.

Found it 2 min. later. Its a Mercedes NAG1 / WA580 / W5A580 automatic transmission - More detailed info on the link below:

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissio ... WA580.html

PLEASE please take a look at supporting this thing. It's really really bad in stop n go traffic and with hills in Seattle. I have to manually shift now probably 60-70% of the time or more.
mikel

Post by mikel »

we've done quite a bit of work on the EGS controllers, still in the works at this time ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
brandondmorris

Post by brandondmorris »

Just wanted to post to see if there are any updates on the Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6L transmission? I've been kicking around the idea of selling off the Diablosport and getting an HP Tuners unit if this won't get updated. I originally made the post almost four years ago which should probably be enough time for development if this is going to happen.

Not trying to be harsh at all, just definitely feel the trans tuning needs improvement and this is something many others on jeepgarage.org have issues with as well.