Programing sets a P1400 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

idangerous

Re: Programing sets a P1400 AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED

Post by idangerous »

Any progress on a fix for this ?
m411b

Post by m411b »

2017 Challenger Hellcat with PCM installed yesterday(bought directly from Diablosport) set a P1400 code without Trinity ever having been connected to the car and still wrapped up in the packaging it came in. However, this P1400 code was NOT "AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED".

It was an EGR Circuit code. The Trinity itself did not set any codes and after hooking the Trinity up and clearing the P1400 code the modified PCM set, I haven't seen the CEL again. But I cannot delete the P1400 code from the PCM. Which I'm pretty sure in the background is the same code everyone else is experiencing and I'm almost 100% certain the service department will be able to see it if they look for it. What bothers me about this, is the fact the PCM and Trinity are both advertised to "Leave no trace behind for the dealer to find". If this code is voiding warranties, the way I see it, is Diablosport falsely advertised and owes a lot of people a lot of money! Seems to me Diablosport should be working a little harder and A LOT faster to resolve this problem.

AGAIN, this was NOT the "AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED" P1400 code. It was an EGC Circuit code as can be seen in the linked pic below.
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

m411b wrote:2017 Challenger Hellcat with PCM installed yesterday(bought directly from Diablosport) set a P1400 code without Trinity ever having been connected to the car and still wrapped up in the packaging it came in. However, this P1400 code was NOT "AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED".

It was an EGR Circuit code. The Trinity itself did not set any codes and after hooking the Trinity up and clearing the P1400 code the modified PCM set, I haven't seen the CEL again. But I cannot delete the P1400 code from the PCM. Which I'm pretty sure in the background is the same code everyone else is experiencing and I'm almost 100% certain the service department will be able to see it if they look for it. What bothers me about this, is the fact the PCM and Trinity are both advertised to "Leave no trace behind for the dealer to find". If this code is voiding warranties, the way I see it, is Diablosport falsely advertised and owes a lot of people a lot of money! Seems to me Diablosport should be working a little harder and A LOT faster to resolve this problem.

AGAIN, this was NOT the "AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED" P1400 code. It was an EGC Circuit code as can be seen in the linked pic below.
Couldn't have said it better. Also, who's to say that the trinity description isn't modified. In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if the factory star scan tool shows it as the "after market cali ration" description.
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

My dealer saw aftermarket pcm part number as well as unauthorized software. My Trinity also shows the same bogus p1400 "EGR" description. Pretty safe to say we are screwed for warranty work if we installed either. Be nice if Diablo took care of all of us somehow that got screwed.
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

klein1j wrote:
m411b wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the factory star scan tool shows it as the "after market cali ration" description.
It does. My dealer plugs into the OBD port as soon as you drive in for service, so they see it no matter what. Been questioned 3x now for it. When they get that code, it gets sent direct to the mother ship, so they know as well. They in turn send back a report to the dealer who is expected to fill out and return to corporate confirming or denying the software. Of course its not factory so its never going to be confirmed.
metzkaro

Post by metzkaro »

Any news or updates on this p1400 code not showing up when switching to a Diablo unlocked pcm?
mikel

Post by mikel »

still looking into a work around.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

Looking forward to a fix here!
metzkaro

Post by metzkaro »

Honestly I hope this can be fixed soon!
m411b

Post by m411b »

metzkaro wrote:Honestly I hope this can be fixed soon!
The OP of this thread was started in June. It's now November, 6 months later and Diablosport has known about the P1400 code since the very first time THEY hooked a PCM up to one of these new cars. Which is well beyond 6 months ago!

Don't be fooled. Diablosport isn't doing anything to fix this issue. It's not relevant enough right now because no one has ran into a warranty being voided over it yet and I highly doubt even then that anything will be fixed. You would think that a company who advertises and who's entire backbone rest on the fact that they HIDE everything from the manufacturer so you can tune your car without them knowing would do something about a OBD-II code that lets the manufacturer know you've tuned with the car. Just do a Google search for "Diablosport P1400" and take a look at some of the dates.

OK, here, I'll do it for you;
https://www.google.com/search?q=diablos ... 8&oe=utf-8

If Diablosport hasn't fixed this yet they aren't going too. The most excellent part of this whole reply is the fact that you don't have to take my word for it. Just take a look at these forums. Dozens and dozens of problems that don't get any more support than;
mikel wrote:still looking into a work around.
- NOTICE HE SAID "WORK AROUND" AND NOT "FIX"!!!!! I think my point has been proven!

Just take a look at some of these dates of some of these threads and if you need to, private message the OP and ask if the problems were resolved.

I bought my trinity and pcm from Diablosport on Sept. 5th 2017 and inside a month of ownership I was already having major issues. I submitted a support ticket on Oct. 8th 2017 and just yesterday(November 3rd) received a response to it. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I started a thread and maybe longer since posting a reply in other threads with major problems and defects. Diablosport sold these items to me on false pretenses. Basically false advertising to get people to buy their product over the "competition"....

I've already asked for a full refund. Let's see how honorable Diablosport really is!

I can tell you not very. I've used and owned dozens of Diablosport tuners over the years and have had nothing but problems out of every one of them. None of them worked as advertised and none of the problems ever get fixed. This forum is just a front to make people feel like they're getting their monies worth. I assure you, you are not!

SERIOUSLY! What good does submitting a support ticket do if you don't get a reply to the support ticket for nearly a month. They advertise on their support page "Response times during business hours should be within 8 hours, after hours/weekend requests will be responded to on the start of the next business day.". It took them 28 days to respond which is 20 BUSINESS days. Still nothing!

At this point, Diablosport is really nothing more than a huge false advertisement.....

Did I mention my car is a 2017 Hellcat Challenger and not just your run of the mill Challenger. Oh, and now I have to deal with a P1400 code that should have never happened if Diablosport had any type of integrity.
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

Still nothing on this eh? Pretty sure this is going to be the end of ever buying a Diablo product again. Only a matter of time before people are start gonna getting screwed because of this. Lack of info really makes me thing Diablo could care less.
mikel

Post by mikel »

There is no update to share at this time.
We have worked through a solution to keep it from happening in the field but are still working to implement that solution.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
DrkSword

Post by DrkSword »

Hey Mike,

I just installed my PCM and when I searched, P1400 showed up. 2016 Challenger RT.

This is not a good thing if I have to have work done.

M
Earl99

Post by Earl99 »

What about clearing it for those who already have it stored? What are you doing for us? This should clearly be a priority for customers who already shelled out a hefty penny for this.
mikel

Post by mikel »

post up the last tune written and I will disable the code in the tune.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com