PCM Swapping

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Rcp50

PCM Swapping

Post by Rcp50 »

My question pertains to the potential conflicts at the dealership should I swap back to the OEM PCM and factory tuning prior to a service call at dealership.

If I run my truck say 25000 miles on the Diablo PCM then swap back to the OEM PCM, won't the vehicle mileage retained in the OEM PCM be the same as it was when I swapped from the OEM to the Diablo? Won't those 25000 miles be undisclosed miles????? Please advise if I would need to have the factory PCM somehow updated at a later date in order to keep mileage accurate.

My vehicle is 2015 Ram1500, 5.7L 8spd ato
damnimcooltom

Re: PCM Swapping

Post by damnimcooltom »

When I sent in my PCM for them to apply my VIN to it, they said they didn't need to know my mileage on my 2015 Challenger, because the mileage was actually stored in a different controller, and swapping back and forth won't affect the mileage.

Luke, at Steve White Motors did say, however, that if they actually look for it, the dealership can tell that something has been messed with if you swap them back and forth. I can't remember what exactly he mentioned. Most dealerships probably won't be looking, or notice.