PID ALERT??

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Craigshemi

PID ALERT??

Post by Craigshemi »

I have a 2012 ram 1500 with the T2, and today going down the road with no tune loaded at all on truck I got a PID RED ALERT every time I accelerated and it says the same thing every time “PID ALERT : KNK LT is 2 “
What could this be I’m not a master with this tuner yet but I would assume that is knock sensor of some sort ... except my truck doesn’t have a knock sensor far as I know .... what does this alert stand for and what could the problem be ??
I have no check engine light yet and diagnostic on the tuner says no codes available .
2014 limited

Re: PID ALERT??

Post by 2014 limited »

Ijust got the same alert on my trinity t2 ex today after installing the jammer CAI tune on my 2014 ram. I hope its nothing bad. Tomorrow I will try to flash it back to stock then try to re load it again. was super stoked to get this for xmas but this kind of takes the fun out of fancy toys. lol
MagsTuning

Post by MagsTuning »

2014 limited wrote:Ijust got the same alert on my trinity t2 ex today after installing the jammer CAI tune on my 2014 ram. I hope its nothing bad. Tomorrow I will try to flash it back to stock then try to re load it again. was super stoked to get this for xmas but this kind of takes the fun out of fancy toys. lol
What octane fuel are you using?
That's a PID associated with a knock sensor and is long term knock. Can you record a data log showing the problem and post it back here, also post your back up and last tune written. I'll take a look at it.
Craigshemi

Post by Craigshemi »

It was a fuel issue from running low grade fuel , I run super unleaded and it never goes off