Hey guys!

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Sk-outdoors

Hey guys!

Post by Sk-outdoors »

Hey guys! A newbie for gas tuning. Have run tuners on my powerstroke but never a gas job. First hemi I have owned.

Anyhow....sorry to ask a dumb question but I couldn't find anything on the search.

I have a 2014 1500 with 5.7 sport. I have an opportunity to pick up a trinity t1000 at a great price from a fella who ran it in his 2010 5.7

I cant for the life of me see if this thing will work for my year?

Thanks in advance guys. Appreciate it!!

And if it dont work.....what do I need? Also....should point out that I am not entirely into gas tuning. If I can or cant load tunes that's ok. More just looking for engine monitoring and turn that stupid mds shit off!! Also.....change for my tire size!! Thanks again fellas
MagsTuning

Re: Hey guys!

Post by MagsTuning »

Yes the T1000 will work for your truck, loading tunes and monitoring. Pick it up and enjoy some Diablo goodness :evil_angel:
Sk-outdoors

Post by Sk-outdoors »

Right on thanks man! Appreciate it.

Think 200$ cad is a decent deal for one of these units?
MagsTuning

Post by MagsTuning »

Roughly $150 USD, right? Good deal for sure man if it's unlocked!
Sk-outdoors

Post by Sk-outdoors »

Yup around there. I thought good deal yup. How can I be sure its unmarried properly? And unlocked?
MagsTuning

Post by MagsTuning »

Sk-outdoors wrote:Yup around there. I thought good deal yup. How can I be sure its unmarried properly? And unlocked?
Attachments
Screenshot_20191209-101441_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20191209-101441_Drive.jpg (673.71 KiB) Viewed 6206 times
Sk-outdoors

Post by Sk-outdoors »

So as long as when I plug er in it says that, backed up to factory tune, itll work for my truck?
mikel

Post by mikel »

T1000 can be tricky to confirm unlock status, as it can change when you select a different vehicle from the menu. Ideally it should say 'Not married/nothing to show' under last tune written.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Sk-outdoors

Post by Sk-outdoors »

Ok so if I buy this and it is not unmarried from previous owner its useless to me? I just plan on using it to monitor engine temps and such. Not interested in tuning.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

It's not useless... you'd just have to pay diablosport $180 to unlock/reset it...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Sk-outdoors

Post by Sk-outdoors »

So it wont even work for engine monitoring if it's not unlocked properly. Like I said I'm not interested in tuning. Just read outs.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

well.. it's useless to not tune the vehicle and gain performance/driveability and make adjustments as needed.... but yes, even if it's locked, it should still be able to view/record data on a supported vehicle... I know it does for GM vehicles... but that's all it would be able to do.... really no point in it though if you're not going to tune it or make any adjustments to fix any issues you're worried about data logging...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Sk-outdoors

Post by Sk-outdoors »

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I appreciate it.

Dont meant to say I am not interested in tuning. I am getting a custom live tune in the truck in jan from a local fella that is great I hear and knows what he is doing. But I wanted a readout for specific engine monitoring like fluid temps and what not for when I'm hauling.....and this is the reason I bought it.

I took a chance on it. Got it for oy 100$ cdn so its worth a shot. It does say in options that the "tool is un married" so I tried to go to the options menu that's says change vehicle type. I scroll down to 2014 and under it says ford then " other or not sure" so I select it and it just gives me the 800 number for tech support saying if I dont see my vehicle in the list to call it. I dont even see the list.?

Did I just dust off 100$?? Lol. Anybody have any idea? Thanks for any and all help boys. Appreciate it.