Crom question

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

blackstryker

Crom question

Post by blackstryker »

Originally I was running tool version 1t13id because when I first got the trinity, the tool wasn't connecting to my car. So someone from Diablosport had me use this version and it worked as needed. Did some mods maybe 5-6 years ago, and would notice when attempting to capture a log the tuner would freeze/lockup/crash. I'd be forced to unplug the power source to get it back up and running. Mind you, this occurred once in a while.

Fast forward to this week, I did some more mods and my tuner sent me a new startup tune. I confirmed the correct tune Johan sent was loaded. Car would run for about 30 seconds, really rough, and cut off like it was starving for fuel towards the end. Started recording/logging and every time I attempted to save the log file the tool would freeze/crash. Attempted this 3 times as I'm not a mechanic and feared I could be messing the car up.

So I thought maybe I should wipe the tool and ended up restoring the original backup, and upgrading the tool to version 1r13k per the website for 05-10. I then installed the same custom tune again hoping to be able to save the log without it freezing and for some reason the car did not cut off. It was running better, but not sure if it was running rough as I'm a newbie to the 426.

So my question is what happened? Why was the car able to run after the crom update? Why couldn't I save the log before the update?

Once I get the car from the shop, should I restore original backup again and make sure the tool is updated to the latest crom version?? It appeared to want to install another update before it was married that looked as though it was for the 11-16 vehicles, so I got scared and canceled it.

I have 2010 Charger SRT
blackstryker

Re: Crom question

Post by blackstryker »

Anyone?
mikel

Re: Crom question

Post by mikel »

really hard to say here.
would help to see the ltw from the device when it didnt work, but no point in going back to do that if its working now.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com