Analog inputs - more info

Post your Cummins related Trinity questions here.

Moderator: mikel

parsonsproject

Analog inputs - more info

Post by parsonsproject »

u7134
v.9t75
2004 dodge neon srt-4

I checked the PDF manual and did some searches but couldn't come up with much.

I've got an aem wideband with a 0-5v analog output. Is the only way or the best way to connect it through the mini headphone jack?

What are the analog input channels under options? Channel 1, channel 2, battery voltage, peak to peak voltage, trinity temperature? Which would be used for that mini headphone jack?

What should lower and upper bounds be set to for the AEM UEGO?
Last edited by parsonsproject on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnc

RE: Analog inputs - Need more info

Post by johnc »

The updated manual should be coming along soon. You need a 2.5 mm stereo plug, which is DigiKey part # CP-2501SP-ND. Wire it up as follows:

To convert the slope/intercept, try the following:

low value = intercept
high value = intercept + ( 5 * slope )

I am going to sticky this thread for others.
johnc <at> diablosport.com
wetcoast

Post by wetcoast »

For Innovate I used low 0V input of 7.35AFR and high 5V input of 22.39AFR. It seems to be working well so far but I haven't verified it against Logworks yet.
2009 CTS-V. New Era Intake and Diablo Tune. 9.5" pulley, HX, and 160 deg stat
wetcoast

Post by wetcoast »

I just recorded a log in the car and downloaded it to DS Dataviewer. Analog input reports back scaled properly and looks to be really accurate compared to the Innovate Logworks. I'm all smiles! This is fun again! 8)

I have some rough tuning to do now.
sfla_srt4

Post by sfla_srt4 »

damn I wish I could get mine to work.... wetcoast, what plug did you use?? Im having issues here
Last edited by sfla_srt4 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wetcoast

Post by wetcoast »

I had a 2.5mm jumper from my innovate LC-1 kit. I hacked it off and soldered a shielded cable to it and plugged 'er into the Trinity. I'm using analog input #2 per John's diagram.

Get one of these. http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... CP-2204-ND
Mine's on the way
sfla_srt4

Post by sfla_srt4 »

well I have some old headphones that were broken so I took the cable off. It looks exactly like your pic but I have it just "temporarly" wired into the trinity.. I have the 0-5V wire from the eugo going to wire off the headphone jack and then the jack into the trinity.. Im having a problem with the monitoring screen freezing though.. I made a post about that though, but wanna know how to wire up the actual unit.
wetcoast

Post by wetcoast »

Use an ohm meter!

Find the lead that is connected to the base portion of the 2.5mm jack. That will connect to the Eugo ground. Then connect one of the other leads to the Eugo 0-5V wire.

Go into the options menu. Configure both analog inputs for the intercepts you've calculated (or use mine above if you have an Innovate).

Go to the logging menu. Configure your own gauge page. add the analog inputs as a gauge.

Then go to the monitoring page.
sfla_srt4

Post by sfla_srt4 »

I am doing that.. The jack is getting voltage from the WB and everything is hooked up. I make the new page on my layout and add the "WB" Pid that I made. I then go into monitoring and click my layout. The screen should normally show "Live Data" and show the loading bar, but it does not. Instead, it will go directly to the layout page with all of my gauges on it and freeze.. I cant cick anything, touch the screen etc.. I have to uplug the unit and do it over. I keep getting the same error. I tried go into the default layouts with none of my additions of the analog inputs and the monitoring works fine.. Ver wierd to me know.. Also, same error happens in logging section
wetcoast

Post by wetcoast »

Sounds like the SRT-4 crom needs some tweaks.
sfla_srt4

Post by sfla_srt4 »

I hope not lol I want this!!!
sfla_srt4

Re: RE: Analog inputs - Need more info

Post by sfla_srt4 »

wetcoast wrote:Use an ohm meter!

Find the lead that is connected to the base portion of the 2.5mm jack. That will connect to the Eugo ground. Then connect one of the other leads to the Eugo 0-5V wire.

Go into the options menu. Configure both analog inputs for the intercepts you've calculated (or use mine above if you have an Innovate).

Go to the logging menu. Configure your own gauge page. add the analog inputs as a gauge.

Then go to the monitoring page.
which part is the base, the lower portion or the tip??
wetcoast

RE: Re: RE: Analog inputs - Need more info

Post by wetcoast »

Lower portion. The tip and the middle of the jack are the two input channels.
sfla_srt4

Post by sfla_srt4 »

check my newest thread.. Thanks for the help!!
sfla_srt4

Post by sfla_srt4 »

I now have the input working but the calibration seems off.. I have the UEGO and the lower bound is set to "10.000" and the upper is "20.020". When the WB is steady the trinity is jumping around to random numbers. Like on idle, the afr on the WB will be from 14.7-14.8 and the trinity will throw a 15.6 up and then come back down to 14.5 and then another number.

What are you guys using for calibration numbers??

Also, on Dataviewer, I am not able to see the WB pid when I open the tune and view it.. Will this be enabled or what?