Trinity EGT , Early 04 Dodge Diesel

Post your Cummins related Trinity questions here.

Moderator: mikel

3-DRacing

Trinity EGT , Early 04 Dodge Diesel

Post by 3-DRacing »

Just installed the Diablo EGT module with my Trinity and I have a question. I followed all the instructions on setting up the new parameter, and set the low/high value as recommended in the instructions. When I go to set up a new gauge and choose analog inputs it has the new EGT parameter that I built and it also has a "Diablo EGT" parameter. I have the latest update on my Trinity, does it automaticly see the EGT once it is installed so that there is no longer a need to build the new parameter ? Not sure which one to use, they read different temps. I have the probe installed about 9 inches from the turbo and the "Diablo EGT" is running about 150 degrees higher than the EGT one that I set up. At highway cruising speeds the Diablo one reads in the upper 400's and the one I built reads in the low 300's. I did a little research on some Cummins boards and it seems that upper 400's is normal for post turbo temps at unloaded highway speeds, kind of leaning towards that being the correct temp.

Any info ??

Thanks
Matt
mikel

RE: Trinity EGT , Early 04 Dodge Diesel

Post by mikel »

Diablo EGT is correct.

There were some changes on the EGT side that will be updated soon.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
3-DRacing

Post by 3-DRacing »

Thanks Mike, you guys have a fast response time to tech questions :D

Unlike many others I have dealt with.