Modify Tune - Does it remain after changing tunes?

Post your Cummins related Trinity questions here.

Moderator: mikel

Speedy!

Modify Tune - Does it remain after changing tunes?

Post by Speedy! »

Say I have a street tune for 93 octane and a race tune for race fuel.

If I use the Trinity to modify the custom tune and remove a bit of fuel in the summer when the car sees less boost or add a bit of fuel in the winter when the car sees more boost, do those modified settings get updated to the actual tune itself or just what's in the car?

In other words, if I make said adjustments to the street tune, then load the race tune at the track, then re-load the street tune to drive home will the fuel adjustments I originally made to the street tune remain or will I have to do them over again?
Last edited by Speedy! on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Speedy

mikel

RE: Modify Tune - Does it remain after changing tunes?

Post by mikel »

if you dont reset parameters between tunes, any changes you make will stay put...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Speedy!

Post by Speedy! »

Perfect, thanks Mike.

Does that mean they stay put just for the tune modified, of would those same modifications I made for the street tune be in effect for the race tune when it was loaded to the car?

Still getting my head around how the tool keeps up with parameter changes between tune files so apologies if this is a silly question.
-Speedy

mikel

Post by mikel »

if you add 10% fuel somewhere, and load the 93 tune, then switch to the custom tune, it asks if you want to reset parameters.

if you click no, it applies any changes you have made in the adjustable parameters to the new tune you selected, if you click yes, it resets all changes to default and you'd be loading the custom tune the way it was written, with no changes from the tool being applied.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Speedy!

Post by Speedy! »

OK thanks. So in my case, I'd not want to make changes to the race tune, so I would have to go back and re-modify the street tune when I left the track.
-Speedy