Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity Dodge Diesel Down grade with cruise on trans bucks back

Down grade with cruise on trans bucks back

Post your Cummins related Trinity questions here.

Moderator: mikel

U7130
9R09
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel
The truck has 58000 miles on it and I'm the original owner.

I just bought the Predator and installed the performance program. Took a 140 mile trip and held it on cruise @ 59 MPH and used 5 gals. = 28 miles per gallon. Outside air temp 59-65. Was getting 22-23 with the stock system at the same speed. If I ran the truck @ 70 MPH with the stock unit I would get approx. 19 MPG. With the Predator it bumped it to 22.1 @ 70 on the return trip.

My problem is that there were a lot of up hills and down hills on I-5 in Oregon. When the truck starts down a grade (doesn't make any difference if it is an easy grade or steep) the truck starts to buck almost like when a motor is misfiring. If I press the button to disengage the cruise the bucking quits. When I get to the bottom of the grade I engage the cruise again and everything returns to normal. I tried to ignore it at first but it felt like I was going to tear the trans apart. I was not towing anything and only had a two hundred pound item in the bed of the truck.

I cant say I recall ever hearing about htis, but we'll check it out.

can you go to options/troubleshooting/show calid and post that up please?

also, if you get a chance, see if the other tunes act the same way.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Mine does this too. i have a 04.5 with 146k miles, so i thought it was something to do with my injectors or somthing. but now seeing someone else with the same problem now i know its not. but as soon as i take the tune off its fine.

My truck does this sometimes and its stock. I think its just the cruise trying to slow down to stay at that speed.

Zacht91 wrote:
My truck does this sometimes and its stock. I think its just the cruise trying to slow down to stay at that speed.
likely the converter bucking...
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to Trinity Dodge Diesel