Board index Trinity Technical Discussion Trinity GM Gas Best tune for GMC Sierra

Best tune for GMC Sierra

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Post Sat May 04, 2019 11:08 am

I just got my trinity T2 and hooked it up and I was wondering what the best tune is for my 5.3????

I have K&N intake and cat back exhaust installed as well

Post Sat May 04, 2019 2:33 pm

if you use 87/89 octane gas, then select/install the 87 octane tune...

if you use 91/93 octane gas, then select/install the Diablo Tune...

if you have a 2007 or newer sierra, then select the Firm Shift tune for the tranny tune....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

Post Tue May 07, 2019 12:09 pm

I have a 2016 and I’m using the Diablo tune with the firm shift. It’s great but I keep getting warning messages for “IAT”. What is this???

Post Tue May 07, 2019 12:13 pm

IAT is Intake Air Temp... . not a tune issue... that's an issue/problem with your truck... use the tool to scan for trouble codes.. have any trouble codes? could be a problem with your MAF sensor...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

Return to Trinity GM Gas