2017 5.3 Silverado - DOD\AFM Not Disabled

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

mikel

Re: 2017 5.3 Silverado - DOD\AFM Not Disabled

Post by mikel »

Glad to hear it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
2017BlackOut

Post by 2017BlackOut »

I can confirm as well. Issue is resolved. I appreciate it!!!
2017BlackOut

Post by 2017BlackOut »

Hi Mike,

I recently installed long tube headers and an off road Y without CAT's. Can you let me know what need to be done to get a tune with the rear 02's deleted (I have them plugged in but just zipped tied out of the way and not in the exhaust). This is the same truck from this original post.

I still plan on running 87 octane for the time being. I will probably drive it this way for a while before going any further.

Thanks,
Kevin
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you will need to get a custom tune done for those mods in order to get airflow/fueling dialed in correctly, all of the necessary trouble codes and related items disabled, etc...

www.diablewtune.com

Please send me an email at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine, tranny of your GM vehicle, the mods done to it, what octane gas you use, and that you have the Trinity T1000, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the custom tuning, the process for what you'd need to do, the cost, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Sqiu

Post by Sqiu »

Hello,

I have a Diablo i3 platinum and 2017 Tahoe with L83 engine and 6L80 trans. Recently performed mechanical DOD Delete(New cam and lifters), applied the 87 octane tune with AFM disabled.

After applying the tune, the truck still goes in V4 mode as stated before in this form. Can someone please advise?

Thanks
mikel

Post by mikel »

Sqiu wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:11 pm Hello,

I have a Diablo i3 platinum and 2017 Tahoe with L83 engine and 6L80 trans. Recently performed mechanical DOD Delete(New cam and lifters), applied the 87 octane tune with AFM disabled.

After applying the tune, the truck still goes in V4 mode as stated before in this form. Can someone please advise?

Thanks
can you load the tune with AFM disabled and then pot the last tune written from the tunes folder here?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

The first thing you will need to do is download and install the Update Agent updater program on your Windows PC/laptop - this program is used to update your inTune to the latest updates/fixes - https://www.holley.com/support/tuners/diablosport/

Once that is installed, then connect the inTune to your Windows PC/laptop and let it start up and get to the main menu screen. 

Then launch/run the Update Agent updater program.  It will search for and find your inTune and will start downloading any new updates.  The inTune will install the updates on itself, you may need to reboot it so follow its on-screen instructions -- and when it's done and everything is up to date, the Update Agent updater program will show that your inTune is now up to date

THEN -- go to Tune Vehicle - Advanced Tune - and select the ECM/engine tune you want to install... and continue on...

Then, choose Yes/OK/green checkmark to Modify the ECM tune when it asks you if you want to modify it...

Then go to the AFM/DOD setting in the Modify Tune menu, and select OFF/DISABLE for the AFM/DOD setting...

Then EXIT back out...

And then install/apply tune - to install the preset canned tune with the AFM/DOD disabled...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net