Trinity Help

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

MacAttac3572

Trinity Help

Post by MacAttac3572 »

Just got my 2007 Silverado back on the road after 3 months of being down for a blown transmission. The guy that rebuilt my transmission has been rebuilding for 20+ years and stated he had never seen a tranny break like mine did. Anyhow, due to the upgraded transmission and not re-tuning in almost 4 years, and now getting only 14 MPG I decided its time to re-tune. Before my transmission blew-up I was getting almost 20 MPG, that was doing the log files and then using the DSLogRedux software. I managed to go through some old forums on here and found the link to download the program. I convert the log to a csv file, import into DSLogRedux, verify and then analyze and no parameters show up. My main question, is there updated 3rd party software to use to run the log files to create a custom tune out there for free? Or do I maybe need to run another log? Thanks for any help
06MonteSS

Re: Trinity Help

Post by 06MonteSS »

No.. that dslogredux program was olllllllld... it's been gone for many many years and is no longer relevant... hasn't been updated, etc for many many years.. I know, I was one of the contributors to that program... myself and another gentleman developed it... if nothing is showing up, then you have not logged all of the necessary parameters, or one (or more) parameters are reading all 0's and have no data, so when the algorithm runs, and deletes unusable rows of data, they all get deleted since they're all 0's or out of usable range, so you end up with nothing...

if you want improved performance/mileage, etc.. you'll want to get a custom tune done... so airflow/fueling can be adjusted and dialed in correctly, as well as many many other things done...

You can send me an email at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle, any mods done to it, what octane gas you use, which diablo tool you have, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the custom tuning, the process, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
MacAttac3572

Re: Trinity Help

Post by MacAttac3572 »

I went in and set up another file to log all parameters for a log file today. I am going to run another log this evening and if this one don't work I will be emailing you with all the information that you need. Thank you

Update; ran another log file and leaned up my fuel and now running to lean, will be running another log file tonight to see what is going on. 06MonteSS I sent you an email.