Trinity T1000 Locked up and won't connect to PC

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

chrishladilek

Trinity T1000 Locked up and won't connect to PC

Post by chrishladilek »

So the other day I ended up lending my tuner to a friend while my car (2013 Taurus SHO) is parked for the winter. His vehicle is a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 with a 5.3L. So i removed my tune and changed the tuner from the Ford to the GM category. During loading the tune into the Tahoe it saved the Factory backup and began loading the 87 tune just fine. Then when it got to the TCM tune it gave me a error message TCM: ERROR UNLOCK FOR REFLASH (-1). After giving this error it wants to automatically reload the backup, but then also fails to do this and reboots. So the tuner is stuck in this loop. After getting home I connected the Trinity to my PC in which it powers up wanting to reload the factory tune and DS Downloader does not connect to the trinity, after even several hours of letting it search for the device. Any help you guys could offer would be great as I feel horrible this has happen to my good buddy. I've been using this Trinity for years and have had zero issues with it till now.

I would upload the software info but i am unable to get to the settings and like I said the PC will not recognize it either.
mikel

Re: Trinity T1000 Locked up and won't connect to PC

Post by mikel »

so is the truck ok?
runs/drives fine?
if so we need to reset the device before you can do anything else with it.
Do not plug it into another vehicle until that is done.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
chrishladilek

Post by chrishladilek »

The vehicle is running and driving with the tune. It seems like it just didn't take the trans tune. I was informed yesterday that the truck has an aftermarket remote start. Could this have caused the issue?
mikel

Post by mikel »

OK, we can reset it and leave the truck ow it is then you can go back and use the tuner on your original vehicle.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
chrishladilek

Post by chrishladilek »

He is considering purchasing the tuner off of me if we can get this sorted out for his vehicle so I'm not sure I will be swapping it back to my car. I have read some other postings that have said the remote start could have played a role in why it didn't take the tune. Is there any possibility if we disconnect the remote start and I connect the tuner back up that it might take the Original Backup?

PS Thank you for all the help!!!
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Anything aftermarket installed in the vehicle? i.e did not come from the factory?

You need to make sure anything aftermarket is disconnected/pull the fuse for - anything like aftermarket stereo, subs, amps, nav, alarm, remote start, seat heaters, trailer brake/light setup, etc.. anything like that, their wiring harnesses need to be disconnected/pull the fuses for it before you try to tune anything...

also make sure everything is turned off inside the truck.. lights, radio, heat/fan/blower, do not operate power windows, put your parking brake on, etc...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net